HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   is there such a thing as too much orange? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/113699-there-such-thing-too-much-orange.html)

Dukebh40 09-21-2005 01:44 PM

is there such a thing as too much orange?

i have a all hunter orange snow suit that i use for riding my quad in the winter. its the warmest thing i have and it fits (im 6'8 so its hard finding stuff). i know theres no such thing as too much orange for safety... but for deer is that much orange too much? thanks guys

TomFromTheShade 09-21-2005 02:18 PM

RE: is there such a thing as too much orange?

I wouldn't wear all orange. I am a firm believer in wearing just enough orange to be legal. I know that orange doesn't jump out to a deer like it does to us, but in the same regard, there is no way that it can be as concealing as camoflage. I would invest in an orange vest, which is the MOST that most states require, and hopefully you will be able to use a vest that has some camoflage type markings on it to break up the monatony of the blaze orange. I hope this helps.

Rebel Hog 09-21-2005 02:22 PM

FL. requries 500sq inches of orange.

Hunter06FlKy 09-21-2005 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

I wouldn't wear all orange. I am a firm believer in wearing just enough orange to be legal.
yup that's how i am. but if thats what you have and like using and you're still taking deer i can't see the problem with it.

Dukebh40 09-21-2005 04:11 PM

ive done lots of bench and varmint shooting but ive never gone deer hunting be4 so i dont know if this is good or not. thanks for the replies tho i guess ill start lookin for somethin new then.

DoctorDeath 09-21-2005 04:13 PM

DEPENDS IF YOUR ON LAND THAT YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO HUNT OR NOT ;>))

DD
ROLL TIDE

Hunter06FlKy 09-21-2005 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

DEPENDS IF YOUR ON LAND THAT YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO HUNT OR NOT ;>))

DD
ROLL TIDE

yeah that's always a good point.

trailer 09-21-2005 05:22 PM

I hunt with my camo orange outfit with some green and brown to break up my silhouette when hunting. I’ve never cared for solid orange color although you could be seen for a long ways;)

bigtim6656 09-21-2005 07:29 PM

i am big and i am 6.5 i have trouble finding stuff my size aswell if you go to msn or any search window nd type in big and tall camo you should fine some stuff or try www.bigcamo.com
they have a lot of stuff from 2 x to 8x aND TALL CLOTHES ASWELL

bighorns35 09-21-2005 08:27 PM

here in ny. we are not required to wear orange. im not a big orange fan. i do 90% of my hunting on my own land. with only a handful of trustworthy guys. when we do deer drives tho we all where orange vests for safety purposes. the reason we only wear the vest is. your arms,legs,and head all move. where as your chest and back doesnt. it gets closer or farther. but its not bending or turning. other then as a blob.just food for thought.