Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Diabetic Hunters

Old 01-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Spike

Default Diabetic hunters

There were some good suggestions in the above but, do as I did. Find a Nurse that hunts (rural docs are the best!) and works with a endocrinologist, ask there. If you are a Veteran like I am, log into myhealthyvet and get the PC Physician to ping endocrinology for advice. If you have a vet buddy, be specific and have him or her ask. That way, they will direct you toward the TRAINING you will need to control your sugars.

Thus my cardiologist and I have a plan with the endocrinologist to get out, pain permitting, and it all will start at a gym. In the woods, in the cold and elements you will burn more sugar. You need to listen to and know how you feel to perform initial actions. I like ground nutty trail mix with raisins and glucerna for a field lunch because what was unstated was, we need more fluid regulation.

At least that is what this widow maker survivor plans, thanks to asking questions of my medical partners, that and having a buddy. Good Luck.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:57 AM
Spike

Diabetes management not only involves the management of diabetes for sugar control but also prevention or slowing of the development of complications. In addition, Diabetics are also prone to other coexisting diseases such as thyroid and hypertension. Your physician comprehensively takes care of the complete picture of the disease state including diabetes.

Old 04-12-2022, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

i have been type 2 for about 27 years, FIRST Do not stop doing what you love to do ! NOTHING Worse for diabetics is to become stationary ! SECOND Keep to your regular schedule ! Eat meals take meds at same times daily ! Even if you have to go back to camp ! Third ! take fruit and some candy with you always ! For those possible low times ! Fourth ! Always file a flight plan with somebody ! Fivth--Ask for help for extra duty, such as long drags !!! follow these you should be good to go