Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad day at the deer lease

Old 09-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Spike

Default RE: Bad day at the deer lease

ORIGINAL: Patriot15
I have a cheap $50 stealth cam and i put 36-pic rolls in it. The number of pictures that it took was 99. All I could think was WTF? So I went and got them developed and all the picutres were taken the night I left and there was nothing there. Any suggestions on the camera or how to keep the cows out?
Point the camera to the North Only.4 feet off the ground pointed slightly downward.Mount it to a tree or post that is wider than the camera body.Set your Stealth cam to take 2 pictures every10 minutes. If that fills the roll to fast change it to every 60 minutes and re-adjustfrom there. I have noticed that with the Stealth cam, that if you point it in any direction other than North, you will get pictures of dew evaporating and if the sun can shine on the unit, then it will take spuradic pictures. By setting the camera to take 2 pics at a time you will almost always get the deer looking directly at the camera in picture # 2 (see avatar). I have been using these cheap cameras since they came out and the methods described above work best for me. Good Luck.