Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ever been attacked by a wounded animal?? >

Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Old 09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

I got it but good on the head from a fighting rooster once when I was a little kid. He was stuck on my head like helmet, just kickin' the pine tar out of my head with the spurs.

I ran under the deck and wiped him off of my head with a cross-brace. It messed him up pretty good, and my head was all scratched up. I don't know what happened to that chicken, he just went nuts.

I was also attacked once by a Canadian Goose. Apparently, I was about to step in her nest on a creekbank while trout fishing. She flew up in the air and tried to go at my head again. I whalloped her about the face and neck withtheUgly Stik. A goose is no match for an Ugly Stik. Somehow, I lost my Hustlure in the fray, so I might have stuck that in her too. Anyway, we couldn't get away from each other fast enough.

I don't know what it is with birds and my head. I'll tell ya, that rooster was stuck on my head like a helmet. He was holding on with his wings and going buck wild on my scalp. It was a real sight to see, so I've been told.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

This may be the funniest thread I have ever read.

[/align]
Old 09-14-2005, 05:34 PM

My great uncle had a big moose charge him because some sloppy hunter got it in the gut.
My uncle dropped it at like 20 yards or sometrhing.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:18 PM

These are some of the finniest posts ever typed.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

These are some of the finniest posts ever typed.
yeah no kidding. i'm kinda sorry i don't have anything to ad to it right now.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I haqve had the same thing happen to me with a couple black bears in central wisconsin, what you explained with the sow, is a common thing for a black bear to do. Chances are a black bear will not attack unless otherwise provoked or if she thinks her cubs are in any type of danger. They will get up on their hind feet and smell the air and pop their jaws. This is a curiosity stance. Do not be threatend by it. Just make your self look bigger than you are and speak in a firm voice so the bear knows youre a human. Bears are pretty much blind and normally want to have no human interaction. If for some reason a bear would come after you, dont try to run, many bears can run faster than you, all yo uneed to do is be faster than the guy in front of you....hehe a little humor. What you really do is defend yourself. Hit it with anything you can find, or better yet be likeme and carry a.44 mag as a side arm or self defense wepaon. I do not trust the black bear pepper sprays, the bears already blind enough, i think making it even more blind and cuttoing off its oxygen would be a tad bit on thecruel side. I would only shoot a black bear ifI knewmy life was indanger or if i draw a bear kill tag.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

NOT by a wounded animinal. But on 3 seperate occasions asow bear got after me in Sask. each had cubs and I still have the bite marks from one !
Old 09-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

I was once gutting a deer and it had a muscle reaction and kicked me right off of it. Both back legs kicked at the same time. I was lucky it hit me in the chest and not the head - it was a powerful kick.

I was gutting it only a few minutes after shooting. Since then I wait 15 minutes after the deer is dead and move the legs a bit.

In Maine I was canoeing down the Allagash River and came around a bend.A cow moose was to my right and a calf was on the other side of the river. The current was strong and I couldn't paddle upstream. I went between them as fast as possible, and half expected her to charge me.

I've had a few run-ins with geese in the spring - when they have young - but haven't we all?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

make sure they are down.. I never and woulnt want to have such a time
Old 09-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

I wasn't attack but I thought I was going to be. After it was over it was quite comical. I think I was 14, I was squirrel hunting behind my folks house. I saw a nest in a tree and saw a big vine going up into the nest. I went over and started jerking on the vine. The squirrels came out and started going up the tree. I took a couple steps back and fired my shotgun and hit one of the squirrels. It started falling and as soon as it started falling I saw it spread it's wings and it was falling straight to me. I freaked and stepped way back. My first thought was, " A bat". But then it floated back to the tree and started going up it again. I fired and got it. It turned out to be a flying squirrel. That thing was huge when it was all spread out, but when it shirveled up it was about the size of a tiny mouse. That little bity thing almost give me a heart attack!!!!!

Quick Reply: Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.