Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How often do you wash your hunting clothes? >

How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

Old 09-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

I understand you probably don't if you are way back in the boonies. But what about the majority of us who come home every night after a hunt? Do you wash your shirt everyday or at least put on a "fresh" one before the next hunt? Or do you just keep wearing it and spray more scent eliminator and scent coverup until it can stand on it's own. What about your pants and other items? How often do you wash them? Just wondering?????
Old 09-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

NO never ,just hang them out when it rains.I have not machine washed mine in 3 years
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

i wash all my clothes before the season. including under garments [everything that goes afield]. then all of my outer garments remain outside under a porch. hang them from a clothes line so the are hanging and not touchingt anything. all of my under garments get concealed into plastic totes with scent away sprayed in there before adding them. then as the season progresses i use new under garments daily and washing the otheres daily. outer only gets washed if muddy or bloody. i wash them in the h.s. scents soap too.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:08 AM

My bow hunting camo (jacket and pants) has never been washed. I simply hang to dry if they get wet, if it's hot and I sweat, I dunk in a bucket of water, and hang to dry. Never washed them...I wash off the blood and dirt stains with plain old water. An old set of gear adds character!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My outer jacket and pants never get washed. Just thrown in the dryer every once in a while. My shirts, thermals, etc....get washed after every use. I pretty much treat it like regular clothes. When I get home, I throw my shirt and pants in the hamper. I hang my jacket up in the closet.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a few outfits and tend to just wear each one once and then wash all of them in one load. If I only had one outfit then I would be washing it each time I returned home. This is one of the reasons I prefer the synthetics over cotton. They don't fade nearly as much or nearly as quickly.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:37 PM

I no-scent wash and hang dry after every day that i hunt.and i no-scent shower in the morien.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:25 PM

I also no-scent wash my clothes whenever I come back from camp. Hats, too. I dry the hats with their brims in beer or coffee mugs; the other stuff I run through the dryer with a fresh earth-scented dryer sheet in with the clothes.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 PM

I never wash mine. Since all of the deer in my area are used to smell of livestock manure. I hang my clothes in show cattle barn and I always wear my barn boots to hunt in. Free cover scent@
Old 09-08-2005, 10:50 PM

I was my hunting clothes once and that is right after I buy them new. I will wash them to get rid of the UV and the smell that comes from the factory/store then after the first wash never again.

Quick Reply: How often do you wash your hunting clothes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.