Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how much do you hunt?

Old 09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how much do you hunt?

in the month of october i'm planning on huntin' 12 days....if i could hunt everyday i would but i'd be unemployed and then i wouldn't be able to afford to hunt at all.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

4-6 days a week
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, that depends on what tag I draw. This year I only drew a cow muzzle loader elk tag. The season is 16 days long. I have 9 days scheduled to be in the woods, away from work, people, and the computer!! If I get a deer tag (usually rifle) the season is not longer than 3-4 weeks depending on the area I draw, so I will take a 4 day straight shot if I can, and will hunt my days off. Next year, I should be able to draw an archery antelope tag. If I do, I will probably spend every morning or evening that I have to work (depending on the schedule), and will spend all of my days off hunting, and I may throw in a couple extra days of vacation to go.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

I n N.H &Me. the season is Nov. & part of Dec.,I will take off for 9 days,(at a camp in Me.)and a couple of other days off and vac. days to hunt in N.H.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:39 AM

i semi-retired a year ago,and only work sat and sun.i hunt at least 5 days a week and during the rut i hunt sat and sun mornings until about 10.00 am.life is good.during turkey season,i am out there almost every day.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:12 AM

Before having children I hunted twice a week so that's about 8 times a month. Now that I have 2 young boys, I get out about 6-7 times a month until we turn the clocks back.,..when it gets darker early, I cannot hunt after work so I am stuck with just Saturday afternoons.

Basically, I kiss a$$ to my wife year 'round until deer season. Come Sept-Dec, she's smart enough to let me have my space and keep Saturdays free for my hobby.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I try to get out at least 3 or 4 afternoons a week during the work week (prior to daylight savings) and then each Saturday during our archery season....about 20 days during early archery.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

3-4 days a week depending on the permit and it's every week until season is over...it begins on sept.29, my last hunt will be in jan-feb.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:22 AM

It depends on the month...I save all my time off from work to hunt and work overtime throughout the year and take it as comp time to hunt so the month of Nov. I have already asked for the whole month but I am off every friday also so up until then I will try and hunt 3 days a week every week until then...After Nov. it kinda falls off a little and I don't get out as much but I still probably get out a least once or twice a week until Jan. 15 which is our closer...
Old 09-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not near as much as I use to. Now I usually hunt Fri afternoon, Sat, and sometimes on Sun. I guess I'm a little burned out.