Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My wife's kidney transplant

Old 09-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My wife's kidney transplant

Trophybux,
Glad to hear you and the missus are on the mend. Here's a story that you may or may not find funny but here goes.
About 10 years ago one of the guys I hunt moose with was waiting for a match during the moose hunt. One of the camps down the road dropped in for a beer the day before the season and we told him about Mel needing a kidney. The next night don't those guys come tearing in to our camp with a cooler in hand and you guessed it, it had a fresh bull moose kidney in it ! Well, Mel is 6'6" and weighs 290 pounds and walks up to the cooler, reaches in picks this thing up and stares at it for a few seconds then says " Nope just too small". We laughed ourselves to sleep that night and to this day when we are doing the deed on a moose can't stop laughing. Mel just walks away shaking his head Sorry, hope you aren't offended.. We were hoping the surgery would have eliminated his snoring and farting but no such luck. Be smart and listen to your Doc and God bless both of you.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Terry, not offended at all. That's hillarious!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Spike

I also have kindey issues which will require a transplant soon. Your wife is lucky and blessed to have you and what you have done is to save a life of not a stranger but someone you hold so close to your heart. I am in total awe for your sharing and you shall be rewarded for your efforts with a nice big rack this year. Good luck and take care.
Jim
Old 09-13-2005, 06:05 AM

trophybull ,wish you and your wife a speedy recovery,glad to see everything went well
Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

glad y'all are doing alright...will keep y'all in my prayers until y'all are both back to 100%.