HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Monster Iowa bucks..and a Deere (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/111549-monster-iowa-bucks-deere.html)

Deerslayer_37 09-04-2005 07:47 PM

Monster Iowa bucks..and a Deere

I checked a camera I had out for a week in Iowa today. Man was i surprised. I looked at the pictures, i was blown away. If this works, this first buck should be a large 8 pointer, roughly 3 1/2 years of age, in velvet. I think he's a 140 class buck, although i could use another look. If he weren't such a large buck for being an 8, i'd probably pass him to get some age. However, if i get a tag for over there this Dec., I'll shoot him given the chance.

Deerslayer_37 09-04-2005 07:53 PM

RE: Monster Iowa bucks..and a Deere

Ok..That last one worked great..this buck is a 3 1/2 year old 10 pointer, with a huge rack, but he doens't quite have the mass yet. I'm thinking in the 135-145 range. Very symmetrical and tall. Just a dandy buck all around. Not mature yet, but a huge buck.

Deerslayer_37 09-04-2005 07:58 PM

This big boy I have5 pictures of, and they all look the same. In every picture over a week long period, he has the velvet hanging off his right main beam. Very cool i thought. I think he beds to the right of the camera in a clear cut. he's also a 4 1/2 year old buck, because of his awesome body size, sagging gut, and full neck and chest. when he starts putting on the weight, he's going to be a pig of a buck. I estimate him as a 145-150 buck, because he's roughly 20" inside, tall, and heavy.

Deerslayer_37 09-04-2005 08:01 PM

And here's the mack daddy of them all..weighing in at a few tons, the John Deere 650G bulldozer. Our dozer guy was clearing some roads and drove past my camera. thought it was cool how the deere emblem was in the camera. any ideas what this bad boy will score? I'm thinking you'd need more than a few 12 gauge slugs to bring him down:)

slayer

PA Bow/Flinter 09-04-2005 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

I'm thinking you'd need more than a few 12 gauge slugs to bring him down:)

NAW!! One slug to the hydrolic pump will shut him down real fast....or just put one through the diesel line:D

Anyways...nice bucks!!

Vogt_51 09-05-2005 12:08 AM

that is pretty neat with the emblem.....nice buck pics too, those are some BIG boys...Good luck!

recurver67 09-05-2005 01:15 AM

Great pics ,Deere and all.

cardeer 09-05-2005 02:13 AM

Nice bucks,you will need that dozer to get the deer out of woods

Rebel Hog 09-05-2005 07:38 AM

Hey 67, real nice pictures, Thanks!
A good 12ga slug will bring down a bigger deer than that, don't fool yourself.
Theres guys in states that only allow shotguns for hunting and I've seen some
huge deer taken with slugs.

Rebel Hog 09-05-2005 07:51 AM

Lightfeild "Devastator" slugs will take down Browns and Grizz's,