Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealth cam reads "E"???

Old 09-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth cam reads "E"???

If you put too much film into the take-up spool, it will buckle and not engage into the sprocket teeth. Only put slightly enough film into the take-up to reach the indicator mark. This has happened to me on occasion too.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

my Stealth cam is doing the same thing. It isnt that the film wont load. It is that the sprocket wheel just wont wind the film at ALL. I think the wheel is like burnt out.

Jim
Old 09-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

had the same problem with mine, so i took it off the tree and took it home, once i got home, i moved the film a bit and the first time it worked.....i was like crap.....i must have only been home 5 minutes, so i got back in the vehicle and headed right back out.....
Old 09-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

i had 1 of my camera's burn out. it wouldnt do anything. so i called the hotline. gave me a tracking # and told me how to send it back. said it would be 3 weeks before i heard anything. 3 weeks to the day i recieved a brand new camera free of charge. they have also done this with 3-4 straps that i broke the cheap plastic buckle on. i will put up with little problems and keep my temper under control when they stand behind there products like i have had them do for me.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I actually will usually give my stealths time to set, and then I will walk by it and intentionally trigger it to take a picture. That way I know it is advancing correctly.

Since I get my photos developed straight to a CD, I can just easy delete the unwanted photo of me. I never get paper prints of my photos anymore. WAAAAY CHEAPER