HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/110769-if-you-see-wolf-season-would-you-shoot.html)

wihunter1388 08-29-2005 07:52 AM

If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

This goes for everyone even if no wolves are in your area. If you see a wolf hanging around your stand, would you shoot at it? Or of course if it was attacking you while walking to the stand. I ask this because I bowhunt in northern WI where in the WI outdoor reporter had a article on 4th bear dog killed by wolves and that section of land is where I hunt. I only go into the woods with my bow and arrows and maybe a knife if im feeling lucky

BowHuntingFool 08-29-2005 08:02 AM

RE: If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

NO, I wouldn't just go and kill a wolf because it walked by my stand! I would if it was attacking me!

leadslinger3436 08-29-2005 08:14 AM

thats a tough call, the first few times id probably pass on it but if it would keep hanging around then id stick it

Jimmy S 08-29-2005 08:22 AM

Would I kill a wolf just because it was hanging around my stand?....NO. It may have a negative affect on my deer hunting at that specific time, but that wolf has the right to do wolf stuff. I mean, that's where he lives and I would not want to kill it for the sake of killing.

No threat - No problem! If I had to, I would relocate to another area and leave the wolves to themselves....

Allseasonhunter7 08-29-2005 10:21 AM

it wont be a wolf itd be a coyote but hellll yeah

Deerslayer_37 08-29-2005 10:33 AM

During rifle season, i'd probably shoot between it's legs, and if it still remained later, i might decide to put an Interbond through its lungs. The damage they do to people's pets and livestock is huge, and in Wisconsin, it will only get worse. The DNR has its hands tied because of that stupid judge out west.

slayer

moosehunter21 08-29-2005 10:37 AM

Yes I would... The reason is because in BC the government says you can and you dont need a tag it is included with your liscence.

huntinwv 08-29-2005 10:41 AM

Thats a tuffy to answer! It depends on what thewolf has done to the other animals (wild or domestic) in the area. If wolfs were a problem (just like yotes), I'd take it down in a heartbeat.

cardeer 08-29-2005 11:10 AM

NO

cuchullainn 08-29-2005 11:48 AM

If I had my Bushmaster I would probally tease it, like make whineing noises and meow at it. Or test different ways of scaring it away, something I wouldnt try unarmed.:D:D:D