Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it?? >

If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

Old 08-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

if that wolf.....or in my area(ny) a yote was a threat to myself then yes i would put the animal down but if that wolf or yote was just doing what they do.........no. i just shoot what i plan to eat and seeing how the farmers in the area take care of the yote population i see no need to go gunning for them myself.........just my opinion
Old 08-29-2005, 01:15 PM

No, they are not very previlent in my area so I don't think I would kill it unless I had no choice. They might even be protected where I live? I'd have to check.

Paul
Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I would/will kill ANY wolf/coyote/dog that I encounter on my property. We don't have wolves in my area, but I have killedseveral coyote/dogs and am everytime I see one.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why is it that they were eradicated and thought of as a menace less than a hundred years ago and now some do righters want to re-establish them? If I saw one I would do as my grandpappy would've...Blast it. Poke it ...Whatever...
Did they not have a bounty on them not long ago?What is different now? Wait til one gets your beloved little poochie in it's jaws...minds change quick in that case.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

we don't have wolves in the area that i hunt but if it were legal i probably would. if it were a coyotethere would probably beno question. of course if may depend on the situation.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:35 PM

My state claims there aren't any here, but they claimed for years there were no mountain lions either. Hope I would not mistake one for a coyote cause I drop all of them!
Old 08-29-2005, 05:05 PM

NO! It is illegal. I also live in WI and hunt in the area with a high wolf population. I have seen wolves and plenty of deer kills but they lived in this area way before us and have a right to do so. Should we kill every bear, fisher, bobcat, fox, coyote, dog, andother hunter/poacher in the woods to get rid of the competition? I think not. I likelistening to the howls when in my stand. It is a very wild sound, unlike any dog/coyote howl.Now if I see a coyote and have a small game license yes I will take it, because it is legal.If wolves were legal I would also take one to getit mounted but not to let rot in the woods.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:44 PM
usa
Fork Horn

It seem's strange to me to read all the post's about hunter ethic's and how wonderful we all are compared to the so called slob hunter's , and then read about how because you don't agree with the law or don't understand it or it doesn't suit your particular philosophy it's ok to break the law and shoot a federally protected animal. I don't agree with wolf reintroduction without the ability to manage them like we do all game animal's, why would you think you are any better than any other lawbreaker ?? are there degree's of lawbreaking that are socially acceptable where you come from ?? If you don't think a certain stoplight should be at an intersection do you just breeze thru it ? or if you think that there is way more game then the government say's there are do you feel justified in setting your own bag limit's ? Probably not, but somehow you can rationalize why all wolve's should be killed in spite of the law, I guess I'm just confused about our adjustable ethic's.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Spike

Hell. no. They are there for a reason. We say deer need to be hunted because they have few natural predators left and their populations are out of controll. The wolfs serve a valuble purpose, and we should be lucky that we can save them from extinction. I hunt and a fear ather hunters more than anything else. Wolvs hunt the weak not the strong they know the differance. There are no documented fatal wolf attacks on humans in North america. If one were to attack you than the answer is obviouse, but that is a dumb question.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since thereis an abundance of wolvesin my hunting area and it would be legal to do so,absolutely.Besides ,I would like to have a nice wolf rug .

Quick Reply: If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.