Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it?? >

If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

Old 08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

No,I am not trigger happy.
Chuck
Old 08-29-2005, 08:19 PM

If I as lucky enough to see a wolf while hunting I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it. A hide from a wolf in November would be beautiful.It is legal to hunt wolves in Manitoba.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

We do not have wolves but we do have coyotes and we are told to shot them if we see them.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:24 AM

I hunt Ontario& Quebec both legal prov. to shoot wolfs with a small game lic. I will shoot a wolf only, if it's a large male/female trophy amimal. I consider wolf's trophy's and if your not going to full body/head mount or tan the hide, sell the hide then you shouldn't kill it. If you want to kill something,KILL a yote !
Old 08-30-2005, 08:54 AM

I'd kill any dang wolf i see.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:37 AM

Not only would I Shoot it, I'd Shovel, & I'd Shut Up!!
They've ruined the elk hunting in the Tetons and around Yellowstone and if you don't think they're in the Big Horns, you'd
better think again. G&F have confirmed their presence and
although I personally haven't seen any on the Eastern side of Wyoming, I have friends that have.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:39 AM

If the wolf was a native species and unprotected I would probably shoot it. If it was not a native species, I wouldshoot it. If it was protected, I would not shoot it.

We are having ahuge problem with the yotes here inSC. Every game warden that you ask about them, tells you to shoot all that you see b/c they are not native to this area. They were mostly brought to this area by fox hunters and people who own fox pens. They are also slowly migrating east.

If you throw something like this into an unnatural environment, you could have major problems. Butwith that said, deer have adapted to every state and environment in the USA, so I think they would bounce back.

I think we need to worry about the damage man is doing to the environment before we worry about what a fox, yote, or wolveis doing. I've never seen a deer live in a paved parking lot or high rise. Shoot the ones who chop down a forest for a development. Just some food for thought.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO i wouldnt.....they are protected here in michigan[:'(]. and some have radio collars on them. now if i were getting attacked, it would be a different story and would not think twice about shooting one. just 2 nights ago i took a drive around one of our county roads and one crossed the roadin front of me
Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are no wolves here in NY or so they say so if I saw anything it would have to be a Very Large Coyote and yes I would take it.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

i hunt in QUEBEC any YOTE or WOLF that i see in my scope is dead ...if u ever see wolf's attack a full grown moose in the winter u will understand MY POINT OF VIEW ...it takes them 2 to 3 day's to put down a PRIME BULL ,it's a real massacre ..

Quick Reply: If you see a wolf this season would you shoot it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.