HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   another GROUND blind question.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/109820-another-ground-blind-question.html)

semi 08-22-2005 08:36 AM

another GROUND blind question....

As i mentioned in a previous post i picked up a ground blind for rifle season this year. Here in Wisc, we have to be dressed in Blaze Orange. I would imagine that you have to have some Orange on your ground blind for safety. How do you achieve this?

grapeshot 08-22-2005 08:42 AM

RE: another GROUND blind question....

This is a question I never found an answer to either.
I always set my blind neer a tree I can use for a backrest and tie a piece
of blaze orange around the trunk several feet above my head.

skinnerdawg 08-22-2005 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: grapeshot

i have seen several hunters use orange survayors tape.......inexpensive and it works.

Rebel Hog 08-22-2005 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: skinnerdawg

ORIGINAL: grapeshot

i have seen several hunters use orange survayors tape.......inexpensive and it works.
DITTO!

kevin1 08-22-2005 04:49 PM

If your personal blaze isn't visible you're likely to get a ticket in states like mine where it must be visable at all times . I have worn a blaze toboggan on many outings but kept it minimized by zipping the blind windows very narrow . The cap was still visible but didn't show as much .

One of my blinds has patches of blaze with velcro fastened covers , you can display the blaze or obscure it easily . I've hung a blaze neck gaiter on the top of one of my otherblinds before while hunting public land . A blaze vest hung over a shrub next to the blind can keep you visible .

PABowhntr 08-23-2005 07:38 AM

Good question. In PA the game law specifically states that you have to have so much orange on your person visible from 360 degrees. In which case I typically wear the orange but then hang caps or wrap a blaze orange vest around the tree I am next to. Also, I know Ameristep makes a camo/orange "beanie" to be placed on top of some of their blinds.

kevin1 08-23-2005 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Good question. In PA the game law specifically states that you have to have so much orange on your person visible from 360 degrees. In which case I typically wear the orange but then hang caps or wrap a blaze orange vest around the tree I am next to. Also, I know Ameristep makes a camo/orange "beanie" to be placed on top of some of their blinds.
I have that "beanie" , it's limited to the Outhouse and Doghouse models as far as I know and it can be a bear to locate .

wis_bow_huntr 09-02-2005 01:10 PM

I also have a ground blind, Ameristep Doghouse Blind, Most Blind manufactures make a Blaze orange cover (rain fly)that you can attach to the top of your blind. I also use balze orange duct tape to place around my shooting windows and usually double it up so instead of it being 2 inches wide its now 4 inches wide and more visable.

heeze gutshot shortee 09-02-2005 01:50 PM

SEMI.... the deer wouldnt notice if your whole blind was MIAMI ORANGE......As long as you are quiet and scent free/playing the wind, and above all A MARKSMAN.. Trouble is those.. OTHER MARKSMEN...the guys who just shoot without the brain attachment.. Its for them in a BIG way ...And youll make it home to tell more hunting tales and such....
Yes friends... when it comes to blaze ....the more the merrier