Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding tresspassers stuff

Old 08-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Default RE: Finding tresspassers stuff

If they are dumb enough to leave it on my well posted land it will get a 300 ultramag right through the engine.If they come back,hey there are 20 shells to a box.It never pays to try and "DO THE RIGHT THING" by calling the law and such,because if you do and then something happens to them,you will get the blame regardless.Learned that the hard way.Now I handle trespassers as I see fit and dont know a darn thing about it.Save your liberal preaching-I am unsavable.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

I wouldn't dump the oil out. That is only gonna cause bigger problems, first obviously is it is YOUR land that you just dumped a couple of quarts of oil on. Secondly, unless you leave them a note saying what you did, they will crank up and take off and once their bikes lock up they will be FURIOUS and even though they are in the wrong to begin with, they can seek damages against you. The smarter thing to do is simply let the air out of their tires, at least two of them.
Just loosen the plug a little. It will fall out somewhere and they'll fry the engine in a heart beat with it all ready hot.

If you don't have a wrench, just pull the dip stick and dump a hand full of dirt in there. I don't imagine it would do it any good. Better yet, if the key is in it, I'd just take it home and leave 'em a note saying thanks. "If this isn't a gift you can pick it up at _____ until then I'll just assume you left it here on my property for me to use."

Then I'd use it like my own until they show up. Make them show ID, take their picture, and call the Sheriff on the tresspasser.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Rebel, that sign should say, " Survivors will be shot BETTER."
Old 08-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Typical Buck

We have so real hill billys out here in the sticks of Indiana.

They have some funny ways of settling things. I heard of one old timer was watching a few lawyers shooting ducks in the flood plains of they rented near the river when one of 'em takes a "Hail Mary boomer" and the duck lands across the fence in this old boy's corn field.

Their dog is still working the water around the dekes when the guy finally get's fed up yelling at the dog and comes out of the blind and the farmer meet's him at the fence. Red faced and pumped already the guy starts across when the farmer stops him and he starts explaining how that duck is his. Farmer just say's "so ya say, but this fence and the land he's on now are mine."

The big city lawyer starts puffing up and going in to a buch of legal wrangleing whe the farmer offers to just settle things right there in the according to local custom, a kicking contest.

The lawyer agrees and the farmer as has been said has possession so he get's first kick. He let's the lawyer have a pretty good one for an old timer, right to the "gavel" if ya know what I mean.

When the lawyer regains his feet and has blood in his eye, he looks up to see the farmer standing at the fence with the duck and he say's wait a minute, you havent' won yet.

The farmer replys, "Nope, you win. Here's yer duck."
Old 08-22-2005, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

carry a pair of wire cutters...cut a few, and viola! quad won't start
Old 08-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Problem with either putting out nails or doing something to the tresspassers property is that they can and will come back when you are not around and can make your life and hunting miserable. Let the game wardens and sheriffs department handle it.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:08 AM

I agree 100 percent bspencer. I have heard several people on this board say that when they find a trespasser's stand, they simply take it down and leave it there for them to find - sometimes with a polite, but direct note informing them that if it happens again, a call to the local authorities will be made. You can be a tough guy all you want, but chances are the trespasser has a weapon too. I'd like to enjoy hunting for many more years to come and that won't happen if I'm dead from trying to be a tough guy.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd buy a huge Master Lock and about 20 feet of really heavy chain. I'd chain that ATV to the nearest tree and leave the following note:

Dear Sir:

Please be advised that you are trespassing on my land. As you may have noticed, I have taken the liberty of securing your vehicle accordingly. As a fellow hunter, I understand the thrill of the hunt, and the joy of bagging a good buck, but you must understand that this is private property.

By trespassing, you are interfering with the use and enjoyment of my own land to my legal detriment. At your earliest convenience, please remove your vehicle and all other personal effects from my property. I left the key to the chain securing your vehicle at the following location: _____________.

Please be advised that if you enter my land again, you can and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the criminal law and no key will be left to disengage the chain securing your vehicle. Furthermore, you will face civil liability for any damage done to my property as a result of your trespass (trees, ruts, fences, etc.). I have taken photographic evidence of this incident, and have noted the make and model of this vehicle, as well as the license and serial numbers.

As a gesture of good faith and fair dealing from one hunter to another, I will not pursue legal action in this matter. However, should you elect to trespass again, I will not be so understanding, and I will promptly contact the properauthorities. A brief inquiry indicates that your vehicle and personal itemsmay be confiscated as criminal evidence. You will be prosecuted criminally and you will be sued in civil court. In other words, you stand to suffer a serious economic loss.

I hope that we can be gentlemen about this incident, and put the past behind us. Please feel free to contact me at ________ or stop by my residence if you have any questions or regrets.

Good luck this season
Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Problem with either putting out nails or doing something to the tresspassers property is that they can and will come back when you are not around and can make your life and hunting miserable. Let the game wardens and sheriffs department handle it.
10-4 Timber!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Spike

Let the game warden or police handle it. Trespassers have a warped way of looking at things. You never know when you'll run into a lunatic like the one in Wisconsin last year.

Quick Reply: Finding tresspassers stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.