HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   4 Wheeler (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/109067-4-wheeler.html)

bowedark 08-16-2005 07:44 AM

4 Wheeler

Should 4 wheels be allowed in national forests during the hunting season????

Have you ever been set up on old logging road that is closed off and here comes a 4 wheel??????

I have one. I think that a good way would be that a 4 wheels not allowed in the national forest until noon that would give everybody a chance in the national forest undisturbed & u could get your game out at that time.

I got the idea from hunting and Saskatchewan Canada which 4 Wheelers are not allowed on Crown land until noon.

I like the idea of it.

Bowedark

coolbrze0 08-16-2005 07:58 AM

RE: 4 Wheeler

Not a bad idea, but then wouldn't ppl take advantage of it and just joy ride on forest land after noon?

Icedragon 08-16-2005 10:53 AM

I dont even think joy riding on public land during the hunting season should even be allowed.

retrieverman 08-16-2005 11:06 AM

As much as I enjoy 4 wheeling, I am 100% for keeping them off National forest lands ALTOGETHER. Thoughmost people would probablybe sensible andresponsible on the land,there is alwaysa few"slobs" that ruin it for all.

Buckhunter 17 08-16-2005 11:08 AM

nope never should be. just gives people another thing to complain about scaring their deer off. then if someone gets mad about it and knows who the person is. they will use the 4-wheeler to agrivate more.

rick_reno 08-16-2005 01:18 PM

Here (N. Idaho) they close the trails before elk season opens. Have to ride a bicycle in if you don't want to walk.

fillae 08-16-2005 03:17 PM

Why limit it to atv's? Why not all motor vehicles, or horses, or loud talkers? That's a little tongue in cheek, but why just pick on the atvs? I've had a pickup drive up on me while hunting, but never an atv. I guess it's only a matter of time.

Icedragon 08-16-2005 03:55 PM

ATVs are so obnoxiously loud. That is why we pick on them. I ahve nothing against them though, I own one, but during hunting season it should be a no no.

James B 08-16-2005 05:15 PM

I think they should only be allowed for hauling out game after the kill. I would like to see them limited to private property with permission of the land owner. If Four Wheelers will police their own ranks maybe it would be different but they are abusing the land and the laws where I hunt.[:@]

Tribal 08-16-2005 06:10 PM

Here in Minnesota you can only operate a atv in the woods between 11-2pm. That way you are not disturbing prime time. I don't use mine during hours. I just don't feel right making all that noise.