Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PLOOPHYs alberta buck

Old 01-01-2002, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default PLOOPHYs alberta buck

Steve came up to alberta to hunt and this is his White tail

Well sorry it took so long Steve So fill everyone in on your hunt

Hunt for the sport, share the outdoors and most of all be safe and enjoy it......know your
back stop when shooting!!
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/nicholal
Old 01-02-2002, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PLOOPHYs alberta buck

Nice deer. Nice rifle.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:20 AM

That's a nice buck. What is the story behind it?

Take a kid into the outdoors!
Old 01-02-2002, 06:55 AM

Nice buck, Congratulations Steve. Looking forward to reading all about it.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck Steve. Congrats, looking forward to the story.

The Tazman
Old 01-02-2002, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck just needs a story .
Old 01-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck!
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2002, 06:20 PM

I started hunting on Nov.12.My guide rattled 2 bucks in at the same time 140 & a 150 class
in the morning, I passed on them to wait on a larger deer.The bodies on Alberta deer are huge.Monday night he put me in a ground blind and I saw a 2x2 mulie that bedded down 200 yds from me.Tuesday morning I saw 7 does while in a tree stand but no bucks.In the afternoon we tried rattling but no luck.That evening he put me in a different ground blind and had 2 does 100 yds from me .They kept looking back in the woods so I hoped a buck was coming out .The does then got alerted and ran off,a truck drove into the field.Wednesday we scouted in the morning and seen a few small bucks.At 11:00 my guide put me back in the treestand where I saw the does.I was halfway up the stand and seen a doe bedded down 30 yds from me.After I got settled in I started glassing the field saw alot more does bedded down.At 2:00 I had a buck and a doe come up behind me at 40 yds.The buck mounted the doe ,when he got off I shot him .I called my guide on his cell phone and he just left to check out another area .So I knew I would be up in the stand until dark.I had 20 does around me after I shot so I watched them .At 4:30 I had a bigger buck stop 20 yds broad side in front of me.The deer I shot should score about 125 gross.The body of my deer was smaller than the ones I have been seeing .Field dress 200-220 lbs.I shot him with my 300 bdl ultra mag using 180 nosler ballistic tip hand load.I shot him right above the tail and it went through his heart.The buck dropped instantly.Thursday I went hunting with my guide{he had a tag}I rattled a 130 class buck in but it wasnt big enough for him.He gave me a tour of Alberta .Very beautiful country,I saw a few cow and calf moose.Friday I saw about a 170 class buck just driving around,and alot of coyotes.My guide showed me his video he taped this year of monster bucks around the area I was hunting, some were 180-200 class bucks.The weather was very warm up to 50 degrees F.I will definetly be back in two years.The people in Alberta are the friendliest people I have ever met.My guide took me in like I was his family.
Thanks Nicholal for posting my pic.

Edited by - ploopy on 01/02/2002 19:23:12
Old 01-02-2002, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

The look on his face is the reason most of us hunt.

Quick Reply: PLOOPHYs alberta buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.