Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A FRUSTRATED DEER HUNTER

Old 08-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A FRUSTRATED DEER HUNTER

Very Nice DoctorDeath. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 PM

I wouldn't call it a frustrating sport, hell i hunted louisianna for four years and saw MAYBE two does. I was in a bad area with a ton of other hunters. Throughout all of it, enjoyed just sitting in the woods and watching nature. sure it is awsome to see deer like your suppose to, but i never look at a slow day as a waist, more like a natural massage.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Spike

THAT WAS GREAT DOCTOR. AFTER 35 YEARS OF HUNTING, GET FRUSTRATED NAAAAAAAAAA [:@] IT WOULDNEVER HAPPEN TO ME LOL!!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great poem and I know your exact feelings. I hunted for years and years before taking a wall hanger. I'm a self taught hunter and I did everything wrong and some of the worse luck you could imagine. In the back of my mind, there were alot of times I felt like giving up but that never lasted more than a few minutes. One year I had 3 bow shots at big wall hangers, the first time when I pulled back, a cam broke on a 3 year old bow, whoever heard of such. A week later I released an arrow on an even bigger buck and the arrow went flying way off target in an arch. I looked down and I bent mybodiddle arrow restsomehow that morning and I don't have a clue as to when I did it. Two days later, I had my bow back from the shop from the cam repair and after an afternoon of sighting in, I went into the woods and got that 3rd shot but when I pulled back, the knock came out of the arrow. Hell yeah, I wanted to quit. But like the doc, I'll be out there at every opportunity. Doc, thanks for making me feel better.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW ROCKY YOU AND I COULD MAKE A BLOOPERS TAPE FOR ONE OF THOSE TV HUNTING SHOWS .... MY LATEST FOUL UP CAME LAST YEAR ..I WAS IN A TREE LATE AFTER NOON WHEN A NICE BUCK WALKED ABOUT 15 YRDS FROM ME ... I DREW AND LOOKED THROUGH MY PEEP AN JUST AS STARTED TO RELEASE MY ENTIRE SIGHT FELL FROM MY BOW ... MY ARM WENT LEFT AND THE ARROW WENT RIGHT .... THE BOW I SHOOT HAS A CARBON RISER AND THE BOW SHOP USED A METAL APPOXY TO SECURE IT TO THE RISER ...IT MUST HAVE WORKED ITS WAY LOOSE FROM ALL MY PRACTICING .... AT ANY RATE NEEDLESS TO SAY I NEVER SAW THAT BUCK AGAIN LOL .... BUT I WAS BACK TWO OR THREE DAYS LATER .... AND I SUPPOSE I ALWAYS WILL BE UNTIL THE LORD CALLS ME HOME ;&gt)

DD