Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Early 2005 Youth Deer Hunt Contest.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Early 2005 Youth Deer Hunt Contest.

Alright fella's, I know some of you good ol boys got childrens. How about we make them a part of something great that we have been doing here for years. Lets enroll our kids in this youth Hunt and lets see who's kid brings home a trophy! Ill be the first. My son' s name is Hunter he is 9 years old. We will have:
Name: Hunter
State Ohio
Gun:410. shotgun (gran-daddy's)
Season Date: Nov 19th & 20th
Record of Kill. To be determined.

Now different states have different times for the youth hunts i understand that, and they also are alllowed to use a rifle, but here in ohio we have to use shot gun. So we need to figure out, a deduction for a rifle kill from the child, not much but just a few to even out the playing feild. Gimme some feed back and we can get this rocking and let our kids see the pics of other kids pic's of there game taken on there youth hunt, this will be educational for the kids and get them more involved. What do you think?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Early 2005 Youth Deer Hunt Contest.

no one has kids to enter into this??? ARe u kiddin me???
Old 08-10-2005, 04:00 PM

id consider entering if more people do. is it going to be gun only, or bow and gun?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Too bad my son's still a bit young (almost 6 months old) or I'd enter him. I wouldn't deduct points for rifle over shotgun. After all it's for the young'uns. Plus they won't be shooting any kind of monster distances.. mostly like 50 yrds or less. And a sabbot slug is just as accurate as a rifle at that distance. No real difference.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay finally some response, i thought this was a great idea, we need to recruit! Okay we will be doing Gun, and bow if you choose too. Shotgun, bow, rifle, muzzleloader, sling-shot its all open! LOL..........Who else wants in, i want to move this to the top of the post.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don'tagree withthe deductions, but I will sign up my youngest son. His name is Jake and is 11. He will be shooting HIS Encore 270. I am not sure about Texas youth weekend dates, but I may be in Oklahoma muzzleloader hunting that weekend. Is it alright if the kids hunt in the regular season? I am posting a picture of his buck from 2004 killed on youth weekend on our place.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

YEA thats great!! Looks like we got some competition, you raised a fine boy there!! Nice looking buck!! he pack that musket his self!??
Old 08-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 13 year old daughter will be going on our youth hunt but it's doe only here in WV. Not sure what you meant by trophy
Old 08-14-2005, 05:27 PM

you can count me in. by the way... whats the age limit? 18? jsut curious cause im 16
Old 08-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: life_is_short_hunt_hard

you can count me in. by the way... whats the age limit? 18? jsut curious cause im 16
WEll i reckon you can join, you have alot more experience then most the kids since your older, but it will be fun, we need to keep this topic up though!! No one wants any of us! LOL

Quick Reply: Early 2005 Youth Deer Hunt Contest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.