Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Gun Contest For Does

Old 08-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Gun Contest For Does

it could work but i dont know if everyone would want 2 boil the skull and stuff to score it?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, then a mulie with the ears thing is going to have a huge advantage, same as skulls. Unless of course you divided them up and assuming there is the interest.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:08 AM
CJW

That's an awesome idea. Encourage the taking of older does. I need to get a pic of the doe my hunting buddy shot a couple years ago. She was a biggin'. I'd be up for it.

CJW
Old 08-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Sign me up for this contest... Iam stoked for hunting season...
Old 08-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heck I cant even get the quote thing to work anymore. I never could learn to post pics. The pic was posted by someone else for me last year . Around the last week of october or first week of November I believe. Maybe you can find it. I also got a 161 lb doe later in December. I have a pic of it in the back of my wagon.Fills it up. I;m a big doe hunter,with big boobs. If I can find my pics I can send them via mail and let someone post them,I dont even know how to send pics via e-mail. I;m puter stupid and really would rather stay that way.Hell they even thru me of webshots for putting off color pics on there.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:58 AM

well i got drawn for a doe permit in my zone only 400 were issued,so i guess iam in for that !!!!!i see alot of them every year,i like to get the big buck in the area but i only seen him twice, mybe this year he will make his mistake
Old 08-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Unless it was a region specific, it would hardly be an even contest. Where we hunt in central Bama a 130 pound doe is big. Up north one that size would be almost a runt. Sort of like having a largemouth bass contest, around here a 14 pounder won't hardly make a picture in the paper. Maybe a number of does killed in a season,at two a day it would be legal to kill 200 or more.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:36 AM

I'm in.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

In SD where I hunt, Mule deer. Does go well over 200 lbs. These are grain and hay feed mule deer. Farmland mule deer get pretty awful big in size and weight anyway.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

NOWyou come up with the idea after that 201 lb doe I took last year on the handicap hunt. Sure why NOT ?
Cardeer,

We've discussed this before. It is not legal to shoot llama in PA.

I'm surprised and excited about the positive support!

Quick Reply: Deer Gun Contest For Does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.