Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Gun Contest For Does

Old 08-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default Deer Gun Contest For Does

Who would like to have a Gun Contest for Does ?

Like Size and Age.

What do you think ?
If enaugh people want it maybe we can have one.
Tell me what you all think.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:14 AM

Default RE: Deer Gun Contest For Does

It could fly. As a QDM supporter I would support such a contest. Although as a bow hunter I think it should be open to all legally harvested animal regardless of weapon used.

I think the best way to score and likely most accurate would be the same manner that bears are scored. Remove all the flesh from the skull (this can be done by boiling, bkeaching, or if you live by a college or university with a beetle collection you can have the beetles pick it clean). Measure the skull front to back and right to left, add the numbers and devide by two for a score in inches.

Most people would scoff at the idea of a doe contest but I think it's a good idea. Please consider opening the meathod of kill to include all hunters and I'd be glad to be the first on the sign up list.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would be interested. i'm more likely to hunt does with a gun moreso than a gun unless i have a supper huge buck come by me.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

NOWyou come up with the idea after that 201 lb doe I took last year on the handicap hunt. Sure why NOT ?
Old 08-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW ..thats a contest I might could win ... we can kill a deer a day in Alabama ... and thats me and my son's moto ... "Doe'sRUS" :&gt)

DD
Old 08-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

NOW you come up with the idea after that 201 lb doe I took last year on the handicap hunt. Sure why NOT ?
Do you have a picture you can post ?

If you do post it ok.

Thank You
Old 08-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

201LB Doe???? Gezzzzzzzz that sounds like that 12LB Blue Gill I caught on a 5 LB cricket .... has to be a Worlds Record Doe !!!

DD
Old 08-05-2005, 08:49 PM

Doctor D, I'm here in AL too, doubt we're going to find any 200lb kudzu eating critters down here,their often compared to dogs in size. Although, if we measure skull length and widthwe may be ok....I saw a doe that I knicknamed the anteater due to her long snout.....may their evolving to eat fireant....wouln't that be great!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like too.But could I count the mulie doe that I took last tuesday? 56 lbs of deboned meat, aged at 9 years.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Im game but i think that the deer should be scored by the distance between the ears. Thats what we have alway done at our deer camp.

Quick Reply: Deer Gun Contest For Does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.