Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What kind of bait/feed do y'all use? >

What kind of bait/feed do y'all use?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What kind of bait/feed do y'all use?

Old 08-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Default RE: What kind of bait/feed do y'all use?

A.D.D. Boy:
The poster stated he has to have the feed out of the area 1 month before the season starts! How is baiting poaching when it is not hunting season. The poster is following the law! Most of us like me put the feed out to draw them to the camerato seewhat is on our property.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:07 PM

In addition last yearduring the winter, I went to my property every weekend and filled my feeder, when the animalswere cold and snow on the ground, I supplimentedthe feeding of the herd when there was not much food. I put out feed from Dec - Mar at a large cost, so don't classifyall individuals as poacherswho care about and look after the animals.

Some hunters throw some feed outthen they cut the feed off cold turkey and that may kill the animals ormake them sick. Their digestive system can't handle the abrupt stop of the feed, you have to ween them off slowly when the natural food becomes abundant.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 PM

this year i havent put anything out yet.besides seed........ oats, clover,turnips,winter rye and winter peas....... so far its coming up pretty good.......

now in mid sept i will start to throw a little corn out every couple of weeks .......but it will still be in the same spots as the plots