Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Jackie Bushman TV Show???

Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Jackie Bushman TV Show???

Buckmasters is ridiculous and is primarily meant for kids.... I mean, what is the purpose of "Shotgun Red" and "Droptine" ?!?!?Using puppets on a hunting show?? Er, uh, okaaaaaay.... [:-]
....NOT!!! [:'(]
Old 08-01-2005, 07:35 PM

I am not a big fan either. Its got a corny format and the audience looks
like they came from a infomercial.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Not a fan either!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 AM
Spike

I think it's funny as Hell! Heck, even adults loved the Muppet's!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mju6559
I think it's funny as Hell! Heck, even adults loved the Muppet's!
You know this thread is 8 years old, right?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
You know this thread is 8 years old, right?
Didn't like Buckmasters then, and still don't!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is only my opinion .... I have no ties what so ever to Buckmasters with one small exception (a few times back 10 years or so ago) that will become clear. I do not tune into the show. I ahve seen some of the old shows way back when "Vern" was a part of the comedy relief.

What is missing in the comments in this string so far are the positive aspects of Bushman's influence. And like the show or Bushman or not, there are some.

One cannot discard the payroll ... the numbers of folks that Buckmaster's employs .... even the "tele-marketers" that bug me from time to time ... being a good thing for the families and the local economy of the Montgomery, Al. area. Buckmaster's also has developed at least two excellent charitible works. One is an organized "opportunity" for the physically challenged or those facing a terminal illness to hunt where otherwise they could not. Some of these are indeed held on truly prime hunting properties, such as multi-thousand acres of "old money", strictly managed southern properties. But there are also dozens of small players who participate. Personally, the group that I hunted with for 30+ years facilitated several such hunts at our simple "blue collar" camp that was set on 600 or so acres that we once upon a time had leased the hunting rights. It was inspiring to meet these folks. No cameras ever showed up to film us, They were at Sedgefield or some place like that. But we did not care. That was not the point.

In addition each year Buckmasters holds an Expo. This Expo has always been extremely well attended. In fact it has outgrown two bvenues over the years. The cost of entrance into the Expo? Always has been ... well almost ! The price of admission is a non-perishible food item. Most folks bring in several items ... some times cases. I have no clue how many tons have been distributed to food banks by this effort, but it is has to approach 100's. In addition Bushman has been instrumental in promoting here in Alabama the donation of fresh venison through the the various "hunters for the hungry" programs.

I say all of this to point out that there is often less publizied sides of folks like Bushman who just happend to have come up with an idea and were able to successfully market it ... and who have given back to the community.

Last edited by Mojotex; 07-07-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by silentassassin
It sucks!!!!!!!!
+1000 on that!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

I dont watch but 1 or 2 jackies aint 1 of em , im not impressed with any of em
Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When some of these kids grow up,Jackie and those puppets will be credited with getting them into hunting.As for myself,I don't watch much TV regardless.If you really look around,when big money/sponsorship gets involved, quality and intent eventually becomes the issue.Their reality and mine are different.

Quick Reply: Jackie Bushman TV Show???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.