Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin Tragedy

Old 07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wisconsin Tragedy

Hey does anyone know what ever happened to the guy who shot all of those people during the rifle season. Was he convicted? Any site that has a recent article on it would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin Tragedy

Still not going to trial yet, but it will be in Northern Wisc., no change in venue, and it seems that all statements by the accused will be permitted.
Our Attorney General herself is handling this case. All that means is that it's a slam dunk win. She is facing reelection and has to do something to counter personal overuse of State car by herself and family members, Drunk Driving while in same car, and a few other controversies for the "top law enforcement officer" in the state [:@]
Anyway, I thought the trial was to begin early 2006. Despite conflicting stories and all that, this trial will be done soon after it starts.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is an update. He will get his soon enough!

Set trial date for Vang (Chai Vang Wisconsin Deer Hunter Update)
Baron News Shield ^ | 07/13/2005 | Jenny Miller

Posted on 07/15/2005 8:28:58 PM PDT by ButThreeLeftsDo

The jury trial of Chai Soua Vang, the St. Paul man accused of shooting and killing six Rice Lake area hunters, has been tentatively rescheduled for Sept. 8 with alternate dates of Sept. 12 and 19.

Judge Norman Yackel ruled last month that Dane County jurors would hear the case against Chai Soua Vang, 36, in Sawyer County.

Vang is accused of killing six hunters and injuring two more following an argument over a tree stand on private property in Meteor Township, Sawyer County last November. Killed in the incident were Allan Laski, Jessica Willers, Robert Crotteau, Joey Crotteau, Denny Drew and Mark Roidt. Surviving the incident were Terry Willers and Lauren Hesebech.

Yackel also ruled last month that Vang's statements to Sawyer County Investigator Gary Gilles and an FBI agent were permitted as evidence. He also ruled that the two attempted homicide counts against Lauren Hesebeck were "separate and distinct acts."

The jury for this trial will be sequestered. The state is drafting sequestration orders for review.

The state also maintained the victims have the right to ask not to be photographed when they testify on the stand.

The defense team said they will not pursue the not guilty by reason of mental defect defense.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys
Old 08-01-2005, 10:27 AM

I think they should just wait until the opening day of firearms season, dress him up in a state prisoner suit and set him down by helicopter in the middle of whatever farm the victims' families will be hunting on!

RA
Old 08-01-2005, 11:21 PM

That would be the way for him to go out, I can just imagine them filling him with hundreds of holes. The system is wasting their time and our money on that POS as he is guilty and everyone knows it and should have been shot a long time ago.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:51 AM

I still can't understand why someone didn't shoot that crazy sombeech out of the stand that day? First off, I guess they do it a lil different up north. Down here in the south if someone radioes us that a trespasser is in a tree on our property EVERYONE is gonna carry a gun with them. It's the "show of force" mentality, we want that trespassin ahole to literally be so scared that he will NEVER want to return too our place again, if he thinks we are crazy, that's so much the better. Then once the first shot was fired "IT's ON". He may've gotten one or two of us, but you can rest assured someone else in a group of 6 would've cut that slimeball off at the knees. I suspect this very case at least opened some eyes as to just how freakin crazy people can be in todays world and perhaps something like this will NEVER happen again.

I wish they would stick a 220 up his butt and flip the switch!
RA
Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, if the guy is convicted I think it would be fair punishment to set him loose in the woods painted hunter orange. The same county where he commited his crimes.
But I think shooting with a rifle or shotgun would let him off too easy as it would most likely be a one shot deal.

.22 cal air rifles.

No more than say 650-700 fps max.

Ammo: Salt pellets

Should take about 200 good hits.

After 100 hits he'll be begging to be finished off and the POS can answer the question............."Aren't you dead yet?"