Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Another weird, weird Buck Picture. >

Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Well heres another I can't explain, I hope someone here can, I have never saw anything like this, I don't know what the heck it is or whats going on.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Default RE: Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Don't hold me too it but that buck looks sick and maybe even older. The really long nose and face is indicative of age as is the mass for no larger than his rack is (but mass is so easily mis-judged while in velvet). He sure has a poor body for this time of year, they should be plump as Tday turkeys right now!

I would keep my eye on him and if he don't get any better (bodyshape) by opener I might officially tag him as a guest or child buck and encourage his harvest!
RA
Old 07-28-2005, 10:13 PM

Well, I am no epert either, but it looks to me like he is chasing another deer out of his territory. And I agree with red, he looks a little on the thin side for this time of year. Good looking rack though.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 PM

he looks a lil skinny..but it could all be lean muscle too......... he still ahs a little time to fatten up if hes going to
Old 07-28-2005, 10:19 PM

I'm not sure what to think of that buck. The long nose and big ears is a sign of an old buck but so too is a bowed back and pot belly (sounds kind of familier) and he has neither. He does look kind of skinny but that could be because he's running and his skin is flexed. That one odd point is kind of neat and I've never shot a non-typical so I'd pull the trigger on this old boy. I don't think he's having too much health problems as his nutrition seems good enough to grow a nice set of antlers. If he were sick his rack would be stunted.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

It looks likea magic showand he's trying to pull a rabbit out of the the other deers behind....
Old 07-28-2005, 10:34 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

If you have a pile of bait there, which I imagine you do... he is chasing the other deer off itby using his feet to strike with. Antlers are too tender yet but come fall, he will use them instead of his feet if the pile is still there.

Tim
Old 07-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at the gut of the other deer. It looks like the buck has it's hooves shoved up it arse and coming out its gut! Both those deer are kinda strage looking!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

It's the deer superbowl! Thats Buck Montana about to take the snap!

Sorry it's late and my mind is wandering...LOL!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

The gut of the other deer is what I was referring to, I'm not sure its his back leg, really I don't know what it is.

Quick Reply: Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.