Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Another weird, weird Buck Picture. >

Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

that is the deer's leg. At first I too thought it was its gut hanging, but look closer and you can see its the deer's leg as it is attempting to run away. Its just a weird angle.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe you caught him scratching his belly....[8D]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

It looks like an arrow shaft or something sticking out.

And it looks like something has kept him from eating.

Kinda like he has been starving.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

No idea but very wierd indeed!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:19 PM

Oh that, it's a decieving angle and an optical illusion, but if you look closely you can tell its simply the inside of this left hind leg. Think of that as his "thigh" and he is squatted down to get out of there quick, the pic was snapped as he squatted (even before he had is right hindleg positioned for flight!). If you look along the bottom right edge of the pic the first vertical object is the left front leg of the old deer in the back. The second vertical is object is the lowerleg (shin if you will) of the left hindleg of the front buck. It is nearly verticle as he is pushing off of it to get out of the way. The next vertical object is actually the is the fronthoof of the right leg of the old buck in the back. LOL, now look REAL close and you can even see the top of his left hind foot in between the leftrear leg of the front buck and right front hoof of the old rear buck. Clear as mud?

I suspect that deer IS likewise potbellied and swaybacked. But from a tensed, "HiHo Silver" wheelie stance that he is in (both of his front legs are off the ground) his spine is bent upwards to heave himself off the ground as he is trying to attack with his front hooves. That likewise would "suck in his gut". Do you happen to have any pics of this buck while in a calm, standing even position?

A deers hips have to contort too a basically parallel position for them to take flight. Think of it as their "spring" and it is coiled and not yet unwound.

Hope I made sense, lol I know at least what I mean!
RA

ps
I'm tellin ya, you should be more worried about that old buck in the back. He is OBVIOUSLY over 3 years old and only a mainframe 6. He is a PRIME culler and needs to be whacked with extreme predjudice well before he can even think about breeding a doe. On all our places if they are not at least a clean 130class 8 by 3 years old, KAPOW!!! Another sign he is old is his large pedicles. Some of those old, wide and heavy (both body and antlers) 6s can push around younger deer and prevent them from breeding. Trust me, that ol boy needs a dirt nap PRONTO!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, i thought the first bucks belly looked wierd too, but it is the hind leg. And the second one definitely looks sick. He's scarred up, his neck is like a pool cue and that face is downright scary!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm pretty sure this is him. look atthe left brow tine in both pictures,
this one is just 3 days earlier.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good eye there strut, looks like the same buck to me as well!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 PM

That last picture you posted shows the entrance wound and the first picture shows the exit wound. Heck, it looks like thebroadhead is causing a shadow on the deer?That would more than likely be a healthy, beautiful buck, except for someone who chose poor shot selection.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have another picture but can't get it to load, I will try again.

Nope still won't go, I can't get it to down load on PhotoBucket for some reason and the file is to large to upload here. If I have the time I will resize it and try again today.

Quick Reply: Another weird, weird Buck Picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.