Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Calls

Old 07-24-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Whitetail Calls

I am looking for a deer call for Whitetails. Are the "blow" type betterthan the electronic type, or vice-versa? Do the "blow" ones where you can change from a bleat toa grunt work okay? Any and all opinions are appreciated.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:17 AM

Default RE: Whitetail Calls

I use the true talker from hunter's specialties. It is awesome. I can't use electronic calls they are illegal in ND.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: micdundee

I use the true talker from hunter's specialties. It is awesome.
i was going to say the same thing. i bought one i don't know how many years ago and haven't found anything better. it gives consistent sounds all of the time since you don't have to move an o-ring. it's a great call imo.

i'm not sure on how well the electric calls work but in alot of states they're illegal. so if you choose an electric one just check and make sure you can use them legally.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM

I would recomend the prioms RubberNeck. It does have an o-ring, but it also has places to push to change the pitch. The best thing is the outside is completely rubber, so if it hits something when you are trying to get it off of a hanger in the stand, or if you wear it around your neck when you are walking and it bounces around, it won't make any noise if it hits something hard.

http://www.primos.com/product_info.php?products_id=190
Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM

my recommendation would be to choose a call that is of the inhale exhale type. In my experience the blow type calls freeze up (i hunt in New york and PA) and then when you need it you are SH** outof luck. I prefer the knight and hale ez grunter plus because it does have some volume to it to get out there of the windy days. I'm sure that there are others out there but that is the best i have found.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

True Talker the best.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:41 PM

Get 2 or 3 and see which one works best. It's not that expensive, you can get a decent deer call for only $10 to $15. Another advantage I've learned from duck hunting is that it's also good to have more than one with you when you're hunting. One could freeze up, break or simply not be what works for your deer. You can switch to a different call at any time. Plus if you have more than one call you can sound like more than one deer. That could add a bit more realism to your antler rattling.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the info,having two or threecalls isa good idea. Is there only oneTrue Talker?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

im switching to a hs strut truetalker i bent the reeds o nmyrubber neck and iemailed they want me to spen 2 bucks for new ones...h no
Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

True talker seems to be a fav for the all in one type calls. Personally the grunt is all I care about and use. I use the Ez grunter as well as it produces the best Tending Grunt "huffing" tone I have found. This and the contact grunt are my most utilized deer calls. As mentioned the ability to inhale or exhale with this model helps with spit up or freezing problems that blow only calls may have.

Quick Reply: Whitetail Calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.