Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent-Lok

Old 07-24-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Scent-Lok

Is the Scent-Lokcamo really worth the extra money over regular camo?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent-Lok

I can tell you a way to find out if it REALLY works ... go eat some pickled eggs...a couple of bowls of chillie ... the drink some coffee ...then get with some friends and wear your Scent Lock suite and then let a BIG ONE and see if they smell it ... you'll know if it WORKS or NOT ;&gt)

DD
Old 07-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Since it's a very temporary solution my answer is no . Save your money for unscented washing products or buy MOPP suits instead .
Old 07-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Extra money? I don't pay retail so there is no extra about it for me. I have a dakota series pants , coat and bibs and didn't pay over 120 for all. One of the way's the clothes works is in it's very tight weave. The Dakota series clothes are first rate very warm and extremely wind resistant. That I suspect is one way the keep odor's down. If the wind can't get in, odor can't get out. If you don't wear them properly they won't be as effective. If worn properly, what the Doc described will most likley be only known to the wearer. I would wear them even if the scent lok didn't have any effect, they are very comfortable, but as for me I have seen good results when wearing them and will not hesitate to say otherwise if and when I feel they are not. I don't expect them to do anything more than give the deer the Idea that I am farther away than I really am, as a bow hunter that is a real plus.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:59 AM

I believe in Scent lok clothing 100%. If you can afford the price, buy it!! The stuff works. take care of it and follow the care instructions and it will last for several seasons. I too use the Dakota series stuff and I love it.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:48 PM

well just buy some army surplus chemical suits that are just as scent lok and more than half price www.armygear.net
Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never used it and I sat withhelpers who did on handicap hunts. Made no difference. But if believing in something that increases your fath which will increase your desire will help mentally
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Kevin1. Save your money for something that you really need.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Never used it and I sat withhelpers who did on handicap hunts. Made no difference. But if believing in something that increases your fath which will increase your desire will help mentally
It probably made no difference because you had the wind in your favor. But it's a great tool for those days when the wind does not do what the weather channel says it's going to.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a broken record - "Homemade Scent Killer, Homemade Scent Killer, Homemade Scent Killer, Homemade Scent Killer"

OK - sorry. I mention it to insure that those who haven't heard of it do. I like any solution that's cheap and works well. I know that it's saved me a lot of money.

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.