Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Settle a dispute

Old 07-23-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Settle a dispute

Myself and my hunting partner seem to have a difference of opinion on something......Treestand or Ground blind? He swears up and down that a ground blind is the way to go, even though I tried to explain the advantages of being up higher with a better view of the forest floor, not to mention the elevation of your scent. Ground blinds do have advantages of thier own but in my eyes they are well outwieghed by the treestand. Any opinions are welcome so please feel free to speak your mind. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Settle a dispute

I would rather be up 40 foot in a tree but I have killed as many on the ground as I have up there. I don't like ground blinds unless you are taking a kid or someone who cant get in a tree. I don't hunt from them When I sit on the ground itsin a ghillie suit, makes it more fun.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Treestand or Ground blind?
Simple put your tree stand over his ground blind.

Then you both are happy.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

both have pros and cons but the real decision is based in the area to be hunted one or the other may not be feasible to work for you and the other will shine and the next place maybe just the opposite
Old 07-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, there is no dispute to settle. Let him hunt from the ground, and you ina treestand. I, personally, use both for different terrain and set ups and have probably killed an equal number of deer in both.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt in Alabama and Tennessee where we have hills and pasture ...we use both and both are effectiveBUT there is NO dispute as to which one is the safest ...

DD
Old 07-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use both.. they both have their disadvantages and advantages
Old 07-23-2005, 05:47 PM

I would have to agree with you and choose tree stand hunting over ground blind as a rule, but in some states you can't be elivated so ground blind is the way to go. My druthers is a tree stand when ever possible.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:10 PM

natural ground blind(made with the surrounding foilage)hands down I have hunted from tree stands every once and a while and I find that I have too much advantage over my prey. I personally like being eye level with the game. You have to play the wind a lot more and keep your movements to a min(not saying that you don't in a stand but its a little more forgiving) also I think that hunting on the groundusing natural foilage makes me a better hunter. But to each his own hunt the way you like.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:18 PM

ground blind is said to hold in more of the noise/sent hunters put off so i would say ground blinds. but i have had about 60/40 ground/tree so hard to say one is better than the other. think its more the hunter and HOW he hunts more than what he hunts from.

Quick Reply: Settle a dispute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.