HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Help With this Please ! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/106127-help-please.html)

LungBuster101 07-20-2005 12:01 AM

Help With this Please !

Howdy All ,

Well I got a question that yall prob. heard millions of times but could yall try too help me out !

Well I hunt my grandpa land its 44 arces with hay feild at the bottom close too a ridge top ! Also has a small Creek bottom about 100 Yards from his house ! Ok here's my prob.
I Have Very little land to scout , i've be fort. enough too kill a 8 Pointer and 3 Pointer. OK i know their are bucks around the area a big 12 pointer spotted a few times ! Ok i can hunt the ridge top , hay feild and creek bottom ,their are tons of doe's but i seem having trouble findin Buck, Could yall tell me how too find the big boys or bucks ! I know where the does trails are just cant seem too find scapes , rubs , ect. Please help me out ! Should i Just hunt where the doe's are and wait for a buck or do more looking around for buck travel area's , remember this is a high doe too buck ratio and i'm workin on thinnin the doe's out ! Any advice would help me out !
Thanks Alot,
LungBuster101

* Sorry For being so Long winded , but thats the only way i know how to explain and ask this type of question *

i shoot stuff 07-20-2005 12:04 AM

RE: Help With this Please !

well for one thing if u bowhunt or if ur gun season falls during the rut go with the does. the bucks will be so horny there stupid lol. thats when they let there guard down. im ont an expert i dont have the time to scout. i just hunt on my grandmaws/grandpaws/uncles houses.

cardeer 07-20-2005 02:39 AM

Where would you be If there was a herd of chicks ???

Buckhunter 17 07-20-2005 11:32 AM

are there any trails around the really beat down trails? i mean like ones that aren't very visible. i've heard that those are buck trails, they say they don't travel the same trail as often as the does. they make their own trail and it isn't very beat down. are you hunting cover or field edge? if cover look for the trails, other wise if its field edge, find trails that come out of the woods and look for more sign out in the field.

psebwhntr16 07-20-2005 11:46 AM

When your hunting a mature deer you will probably have one chance at the most to kill that deer. Hang a stand in the thickest and best sign you can find and only hunt it if the conditions are perfect.

Trapper_Hunter 07-20-2005 12:59 PM

I got the same problem as you...

J-Nors 07-21-2005 07:17 PM

i would say put a stand along the creek bottom and on the ridge if the ridge is open then hunt it when the wind is low and the conditions are very good if the weather is bad or high winds i would hunt the shelter of a creek bank

bob d 07-21-2005 08:16 PM

where are you at give me the address and i will come and hunt the property for a week or two and give you my opinion as to where to hunt it

Trapper_Hunter 07-21-2005 09:34 PM

where are you at give me the address and i will come and hunt the property for a week or two and give you my opinion as to where to hunt it
HAHA LOL:D