Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
A question for all deer hunters? >

A question for all deer hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A question for all deer hunters?

Old 01-10-2002, 07:38 AM

Default RE: A question for all deer hunters?

It has been years now that I quit hunting rabbits with a beagle.When I lost my last dog who got hit by a car I never took it up again.I don't think I could go hunting rabbits without a dog again.I use to get a thrill watching the dog chasing the rabbit and loved to get out before the season with the dog.Thanks for bringing back some good memories Tazman.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:52 AM

I look forward to dove hunting every year. I have several places locally and I go to South Texas every year And meet up with my dad and brothers. I would hunt quail, but there aren't many around anymore. I have hunted ducks and geese, but I don't have the equipment and setup to enjoy it so much. Never really hunted rabbits. I like shooting coyotes, but don't see many.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are seeing more and more coyotes where I hunt and I think I am going to try thast out. I have been reading and I am going to ask the board about it also.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:28 AM

After deer season I hunt quail over a German Shorthair. I also hunt ducks/geese. Unless I'm in the swamp shooting woody's I use my GSP to pick up the birds. I start bass fishing near the end of Febuary until August. Then I shoot doves from Labor Day until rifle season for deer starts.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:03 PM

Grouse, woodcock, and pheasant for me and I use a dog. I have a 5 year old GSP.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

In PA deer season is in when small game is, so sadly, I have`nt small game hunted for years.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

I used to hunt for rabbits and pheasants. Not any more. I'm strictly a deer hunter now.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:08 PM

I hunt dove before deer season, qual and turkey after, and pheasent when ever I can. I stay clear of the rabbits. I use to hunt a lot of rabbits but now I get sick of dealing with the fleas. It doesnt get cold long enough to rid them of the vermen so I have quit. As for hunting with a dog I wish I had a good trained one. My land is a pretty good streach and you can walk you self to death flushing birds.

I also spend most of my free time hunting fish; crapie in spring large mouth, small mouth, and catfish all summer, along with reds, specks, flounder, amber jacks, grouper, snapper, ling, and the occasional sharks.

Edited by - kentlyone on 01/11/2002 16:14:14
Old 01-12-2002, 02:21 AM

I hunt just about all legal species, using scouting trips as an excuse to hunt small game, and when in season, upland game birds (quail grouse etc.)But when deer season opens, I put the scatergun away and keep the rifle with me always!
Old 01-12-2002, 02:23 AM

oh yeah, no dog, but I wish I did! Quail hunting in my area is tough without em!

Quick Reply: A question for all deer hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.