HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   first deer, first anything actually (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/105223-first-deer-first-anything-actually.html)

DannyD 07-11-2005 01:22 PM

first deer, first anything actually

Finally able to get the picture of my first deer on my computer. I was new to hunting last fall and am hooked. Like I've said in previous posts. I lived on Long Island forever. Now since I've moved to WV i started hunting like everyone else here does. I love it. The buck was 197lbs prior to field dressing

Rebel Hog 07-11-2005 01:26 PM

RE: first deer, first anything actually

[/align]
[blockquote]

Danny, tell the folks what you killed it with
By the way good job!!

[/align] [/blockquote]

DannyD 07-11-2005 02:13 PM

Thanks Rebel.
Took it with a Marlin30-30 ( not hard to tell from the pic huh?) Severely quartering towards. So the shot was just inside the near shoulder and exited just behind the far shoulder. Got the heart and both lungs.Ran down the hll about 40 yards. 12 year old daughter took one on youth day a month prior with the same gunat 125-128 yards, broadside double lung. Even though i was very excited about mine I'll never be more excited than I was with hers. She got a deer before me and she reminds everyone of that fact

Rebel Hog 07-11-2005 02:21 PM

I could tell it was a Marlin 30-30, but wanted you to say
it for the guys who don't like the Turdy-Turdy for huntimg
deer.

[/align]

DannyD 07-11-2005 02:23 PM

why wouldn't it be good for hunting deer?

Charley 07-11-2005 02:54 PM

why wouldn't it be good for hunting deer?
'cause lots of folks seem to think thatanything but the latest and greatest premium bullet, launched from a.300 RUAMUS or equivalentcartridge will simply bounce off of whitetail...

cardeer 07-11-2005 03:34 PM

Congrates

DannyD 07-11-2005 03:50 PM

Yeah. I guess some think its too weak. I think the gun is great.
I practiced at the range all summer and early fall before shooting this guy. I had no idea how exciting hunting was until that day. I was sitting against a tree in the woods and when he showed up i waited for him to present a good shot then took it. I think my heart pounded for hours afterwards

PA Bow/Flinter 07-11-2005 03:57 PM

Awesome deer there!! Congrats. I can't wait till I get married, have kids, and can watch them take their first deer...well I can wait for a little while, but its gonna happen sooner or later.

DannyD 07-11-2005 04:03 PM

My 12 year old daughter (now 13) enjoyed it so much and complained that we had too few hunting days thati bought 2 bowsand have been practicing ever since April.