Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 first deer, first anything actually >

first deer, first anything actually

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

first deer, first anything actually

Old 07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: first deer, first anything actually

DannyD, a picture say's a thousand words. Your pride in your daughter's accomplishment is evident. Her joy in her accomplishment is obvious. You have a hunting partner for life. Enjoy your time together.
By the way I prefer the Win 94 30-30. But I don't cheat with a scope. LOL
Old 07-15-2005, 12:11 AM

still waiting on my big buck, does work fine tho
Old 07-19-2005, 05:19 PM

Had the pleasure of watching my 13 year old son take his first deer this past season. It was great! He is stoked to say the least. He is going to bow hunt with me as well this season, going to pick up a bow at Bass pro this weekend!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Great deer! I've nothing against the new power mags, but there is nothing wrong with the old standbys either. Killed an elk with a 30-30 and he seemed as dead as the one the other guy shot with a 300 mag. Granddad killed alot of moose and caribou with a 30-30.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 PM

Way to go. I got my first deer with a 30-30 as well. It was a Winchester though.
Nice job!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

manuman
It is a great feeling to have your kids take a deer. Especially their first one. My daughter wants to bow hunt with me this year but as of now she can't pull back more than 20 lbs. I really hope she can get there by deer season.
Yeah, The 30-30 and I have gone back to the range already looking forward to the upcoming season
Old 07-20-2005, 07:36 AM

Danny--gether a couple of 10, 15, or 20 lbs dumb bells and have her do some military presses with them, and then maybe some lat pulls that will target the 'bow' muscles. I did this with my older son when he started and couldn't pull enough poundage. There's also an exercise band that is made specifically for strengthening for bowhunting.Good luck this season to you and your daughter.--Greg
Old 07-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will do,
In fact we are waiting for the off season weight program from her soccer coach. I'll add a few of those excercises if they are not already there. Between the hunting and soccer I'm sure she will be motivated enough to get started
Old 07-26-2005, 07:29 AM

That's pretty ironic. My user name is from my involvement in soccer, which is my second passion(passion in terms of recreation) Manuman is my nickname because of my favorite team--Manchester United. I also coach as well as play, so I know a good bit about the weight training for the game. I usually don't play when deer season rolls around, so as to not take away from family time. Got to raise those boys! I have 3 btw.If I can help you with any advice or training tips , let me know.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats excellent! Congrats to you and your daughter!

Quick Reply: first deer, first anything actually

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.