Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Food plots destroyed..literally.. >

Food plots destroyed..literally..

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Food plots destroyed..literally..

Old 07-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Food plots destroyed..literally..

If you don't live near the ground you are hunting and the rule requires each landowner to keep up their part of the fence, a farmer who lives there could really make it a nightmare. Make him mad and the cows could just happen to tear down YOUR HALF of the fence once a week or so.
Yea and his cows and his horses and his dogs could all start dying off mysteriously. I would HATE to get involved in anything like that but I think I could explain to the farmer that I could be as hard headed or mean and nasty as he wanted to be. That's a two way streeet!
Old 07-15-2005, 06:46 AM

If you don't live near the ground you are hunting and the rule requires each landowner to keep up their part of the fence, a farmer who lives there could really make it a nightmare. Make him mad and the cows could just happen to tear down YOUR HALF of the fence once a week or so.
Out comes the .30-06...
Old 07-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, I hear ya guys.

The big difference is, I've heard all that when it was actually happening and from people who meant it and were doing it. Not speculating about it behind a keyboard.

If you want to be the smart one in one of those situations, you better be the one who knows the law going in. Not the one who learns the law as it gets done to him.

It's no different than knowing the rules for deer hunting before you head out to hunt. Read the rules, know the rules, follow the rules and everybody gets along.

Or you can buy your property and go on what uncle Roger's wife hairdresser up in Minisoda did back when his mother got trampled by a loose cow in the Chicago fire.

The dogs all die first and it ends up with "out comes the 30-06".