Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

'04 hunting Season Pics

Old 07-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default '04 hunting Season Pics

Here are some pictures of the game I took during the '04 Pa Hunting season.
The first one is of the buck I took on the second day of archery. He is a 3 pt. that weighted 150 lbs. field dressed. This was my first buck and my first archery deer.

Pictures of the european mount I had done on this buck can be seen over in the taxidermy forum.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: '04 hunting Season Pics

Next, here is a pic of the doe I shot on the first day of rifle season. She was shot at 55 yds. with a .308. She weighed 90 lbs. after the shot she ran off of a 20 ft. cliff. (I was hunting on a ridge, with a creek below)

Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally here is a picture of the shed antler buckI shot during the late flintlock season. He weighed 105 lbs. and dropped on the spot after I hit him in the neck at 20 yds. (Wet flash powder made a slow ignition in which time i proceeded to wiggle). This was the first deer I ever took with my muzzleloader. This buck had been hit during the rifle season becasue he had a limp to him...Later when we processed him we found the bullet lodged in the shoulder blade. I think you can see where pus was oozing from his shoulder in the picture.

Well those are the deer I harvested during this year. This was the first year I took more than one deer in a year, let alone three. One in archery, one in rifle, and one in late flintlock.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:12 AM

Good pics,but nothing to brag about. Sorry Im not trying to bust your chops, but I like seeing bigger bucks. Congrats though....whatever puts meat on the table.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

I posted this same reply in the taxidermy forum, but I'll post it here also, because you deserve the congratulations!!

Seems that phsychowolverine has got something against you, he keeps chasing down your posts and belittles the deer you have shot.

I think it's a great mount and congrats on your first buck and first deer with a bow!! Any deer with a bow is a trophy..........and they don't have to have antlers to be proud of them, good job man!!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good pics,but nothing to brag about. Sorry Im not trying to bust your chops, but I like seeing bigger bucks. Congrats though....whatever puts meat on the table.
You're anass.

How dare you belittle a young hunter for his first ever buck and archery kill???
Old 07-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a little jealousy
I say they are beautiful animals and trophies in anyones book.Especially being his first buckCONGRATS man------way to go.The mount looks awesome as well

You're anass.
LMAO
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Job!! I have never archey hunted before and anybody that can take an animal with a bow is OK in my book. Trophies are not determind by their size what what it means to you. My first buck was a 2x2 muley and I was very proud to shoot it!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:29 PM

Wolverine, not everyone may be fortunate to shoot a bruiser for their first deer so lay off. Im about 308hunters age, maybe a little younger and when i shot my first buck I was really proud. It was a nice deer (132 net) but no monster for where I hunt. Regardless i bragged about it anways. Theres no reason for you to put down his deer.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:51 PM

Congratulations on your successful season!!I enjoyed seeing your photographs!

Quick Reply: '04 hunting Season Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.