HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/104882-strangest-thing-you-have-ever-seen-woods.html)

i shoot stuff 07-07-2005 02:27 PM

STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

well i did a post on if u would ever spend the night in the woods. and somehow a few of u got onto the bigfoot subject. so i thought i would start this one. now it dosnt have to be like from hunting it could be from just hiking, scouting, camping, or just messin around in the woods. now i personally havnt seen anything to wild. but i share one my unlce told me. actually theres 2. (this is gona be a long one lol)

the first one, my unlce his girlfriend and 2 frineds went up to this old pet cemetary to just hang out/and just dick around. well my uncle and his girl went on a walk. they walked away from there van and were walkin by the woods and stepped in. my unlce looked down and he said he saw something huge bent down scooping water and drinking it up out of the creek. my uncle said the moon was shining so bright he could see the water run down his face. and then it stood up and my uncle said it was about 7-8 feet tall. when it stood up my uncle told his girl to run back get his friends and the van. so she ran back got them and came back. well across the woods and creeck was like a satanic church. so thats why he wanted to get out. when his friends got there it already had started climbing up towards my uncle his friends got there. they saw it and they wanted to wait because all 3 of them could of taken whoever or whatever it was most likely. but as fast as it was moving. and it was waking they started for the van and it started running after them they got in the van and could here it like screaming after them and it chased the van till the van got up to speed and couldnt keep up. then it just stopped and stood there.
he said he never went back and, this is true my uncle wasnt lying about this. and he still cant make up his mind what it was. like a man, bigfoot, or something else.

the other one is when my family just bought alll this land they live on now out in the country, i mean out there. and they would camp out there all the time. now im not positive on how this story goes but i know most of it. it was i think my uncles other gf which is now his wife. went up the hill to go pee with her friend. and htis is a big hill. its a drive way now leading to my uncels house. and they were up there and they saw 2 guys kinda hiding/watching them. but they were right behind all the guys at the fire. so they walked down like they didnt see them. and whispered it to the guys.so my unlce and one of his friends walked up the hill to acted like he had to pee or something. then he saw them walked down and they just stayed there still camping out, and all that good stuff. and the whole time those 2 guys stood right there and didnt move. the only reason they didnt go up to them was they didnt know if they had guns or what there problem is cause this is like redneck country. so after a while they got in there cars and left and shined the headlights on them and saw them.

i always think about that when im walking in the woods, or when i go in to go hunting. this one is true too. my aunt and all the other people there said it was true and i beleive them.

so what are some of the things you guys have seen?

texhookem 07-07-2005 02:54 PM

RE: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

About your first story thats very very weird. Id be scared $hittless to even go out into the woods wherever you live. And if i did it would be with something like an m4 carbine or maybe the new ar-10 carbine.

My strange story.

Its not uncommon to see mexicans sneaking around while hunting in south texas andmy father and Isee illeagals at least once every season. My currentlease is only 4 miles from the border and my old lease was smack dab on the rio. So seein illeagals is pretty common.This did not happen to me but my friend and his father saw a group of what appeared to be chinese people sneaking acrosshis grandfathers ranchwhile driving back from an evening hunt. They called the border patrol on them and apparently those chinese people had flown all the way from china into mexico with the sole purpose of sneaking across the border into our country.

Tuffbroadhead 07-07-2005 07:44 PM

Strangest thing.... Like the last feller said, I see immigrants all the time coming into the US... Had a hoot owl allmost take my head off trying to land in the same tree that I was in....even had a freind shoot a Cappabara just south of San antonio, they are from deep south America, the local GW's and colloges were amazed that one was found this far north...

timbercruiser 07-07-2005 07:59 PM

I was coming out from a duck pond along a old loggin road at night without a flashlight on and steppedIN a dead hog.

XTP 07-07-2005 08:25 PM

...animal wise...I've had a snake curl up with me for warmth....played hide-and-seek with a pine martin......and had a hawk try to land on me!

.....paranormal/unexplained....not much really other than getting the feeling a deer is close by BEFORE I see or hear one only to spot it minutes later(usually after it sees me.....:eek:)...got to learn to trust that feeling!! LOL
....come to think of it......a few years ago I got up to go out for the second day of muzzleloader season for deer,and was getting ready when I had a similar "feeling"......nothing to dramatic...just a "maybeI should just sit this one out" sort of feeling. I waited until the last minute to finally decide I was going hunting. Was going to stop for coffee but decided I didn't have time and would stop later(this is relavant to the story). Five minutes later while crossing a bridge I hit a patch of black ice and slid sideways.The driver of the 4X4 behind me was helpless as he slammed into the rear of my Cherokee,spinning me around just in time to see the Econoline van slide into the front end !! We managed to drag ouselves of the road as a 13 car pile-up happened right there in front of us.
Now if I had only listened to that little voice and either stayed home or stopped for coffee....I either wouldn't have been there or would have arrived after thepile-up and would not have been involved.Coincidenceor..........????

zrexpilot 07-07-2005 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

Strangest thing.... Like the last feller said, I see immigrants all the time coming into the US... Had a hoot owl allmost take my head off trying to land in the same tree that I was in....even had a freind shoot a Cappabara just south of San antonio, they are from deep south America, the local GW's and colloges were amazed that one was found this far north...
Are you talking about the one that was shot in Elmendorf Texas just south of san antonio ? Thats about 2 miles from my house. I saw the pics of it and to me it looks like a coyote with mange, they never did identify it did they.

Tribal 07-07-2005 09:27 PM

I wasscouting following a game trail. There is about 6 inches of snow on the ground and I am about 1 mile back from any road.I am in northern Minnesota during a late season bowhunt. Real quiet morning as I was walking slow, I startingnoticing many spots ofyellow stained snow. I then noticed footprints woven through the brush,and was thinking to myself what is going on and what is the scenerio of someone relieving themself this much. As I crept forward scanning the ground after a 100 yards or so, just ahead of me whenI cleared the last brush I saw a large American flag laying flat over the cold white snow. Then I glanced up and noticed a small shack like hut built out of timber up in the trees.

As the hair on the back of my neck stood up, the first thing that came to my mind was a vet was living out where he felt the most comfortable. Being armed with only my bow, It took about 1.2 seconds to realize this was not the game trail I wanted to set stalk on. I exitedout of there much faster than I entered. It was a surreal thing to see. Especially when you think you are all alone in the wilderness. This was Minnesotas largest nation forest. What a day that was.

Moose75 07-07-2005 09:58 PM

Those are some good ones right there. Two come to mine for me, one fake and one very real. I got a cuz that loves to hunt hogs at night with his dogs. well down here it is legal to shine deer. So me and my friend loaded up our girlfriends to go shinen after planing with my cuz to scare them. They had been hunting and shinen with us many times before so this was nothing new. Everytime we go shinen we mess with them about big foot (sasquach -sp?) and tell them that we have seen them before and they act like they don't believe us and all but this time we got them good. My cuz put a head lamp that has two red lights on it out in a clear cut and it looked dang good. they didn't like that and then he jumped in the bed of my truck out of tree and started banging on the roof, LOL they Freaked out. Then he ran like right by the truck and back in the woods to go to the next road to do it again lol he had a ghillie suit on so it looked real lol we got them twice! then I was like "we got to kill it so it doesn 't get us so I got out and they went crazy again then me and my cuz walked back up together. The girls were so mad though it was really funny.

The real one happened to me and my buddy on the river. It was night and we were catching the fire out of the channel cats. I think it was about 3 A.M when we started to leave.Well its about300 yards back to the truck and we had one little flashlight. We had a big fire on the bank of the river but weput it out. so we are already scared cause we were fishin on public ground whereabout 12 old slave houses were. We started walkin faster thenhe (my buddy) was like "hold up, you hear that?" and I started to hear steps and they were loud, breaking branches. Then we hear that noise like the bears make in the movies you know the gggrrrrraaaasound! we droped our poles,bait,tackle,and fish andstarted running like we were little girls! I don't know what that was cause we don't have many bears in our area of Fl. I haveheard of2 in 20 years. Talk about strangest things thats one of em for me.We went back to get our stuff that after noon with our guns on us and got our tackle but the fish were gone or had wiggled of the road.

datamax 07-08-2005 01:59 AM

I shot an elk once that fell off a 150 foot vertical bluff/drop and rolled a long ways ............ never ever thought I'd see somthing like that. Ever

Chuck7 07-10-2005 04:51 AM

Most of my out door adventures is fishing.I have 2 quick ones. Once I was flipping a good sized lake in my jon boat. Nice day. I only had a weak trolling motor and an oar. The wind came up and began blowing me into this bunch of willow trees known for mocacasins. I was now 10 feet away and getting blown under a willow branch when 4 snakes dangled down extending from the tree . Their tails wrapped around the trees and their tongues flicking at me. The wind was too strong and my battery was about dead. I grabbed my oar swinging. It looked like a scene from Indiana Jones. I was kind of scared. I knocked them all into the water. I was hoping that wouldn't get into the boat.

My next one is when my 7 year old son and I were tearing up some bluegills . He said ,"Look dad . a dinosaur." Sure enough this 20 some foot water creature was swimming near us. I said Oh my what is that? It didn't taake long to realize it was 2 large gators breeding.
Chuck