Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS >

STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

Old 07-18-2005, 09:43 AM

Default RE: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

This happend when I was a around 12 years old.. I was walking in a small patch of woods with a friendand I ran across a couple of older kids, probably 17-18 yr olds,doing the horizontal bop on a blanket. Scared the **** out of me when this naked guy stood up and started screaming at us to get out of there or he would kick our ass. We ran laughing all the way out of the woods.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:46 PM

doing the horizontal bop on a blanket
lmao never herd that one before
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 PM

Coming down off a mountain while bear hunting in PA. My father's best friend's Pop who at the time was in his 80's sitting in a outhouse at a bear camp with the door wide open holding his gun watching the mountain side.

Same old timer tried to trap a visiting bear in the camps shed. He put a pot of chili in the shed and waited for the bear to walk in. Everytime the bear would step into the shed he would open the door and the bear would step out. This went on for hours.

not freaky or scary, but strange.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

A few years ago me and my buddy were walking out of the woods after a long day of squirrel hunting. So after we got out of the woods, we got on a backroad and started the long walk home. About 10 minutes up the twisty mountain road we smelt this awful stinch, i mean it was horible, so we held our breaths and ran buy it then when we got out of smelling range we started walking again. A few days later i was reading the news paper and it said they had found a body thrown over the side of the road right where we smelt that awful smell. So i guess what we smelt was a dead person and it was pretty weird.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:39 PM

lets see...

awhile back (when i was a kid) I had a friend come up to my cabin in Minoqua (sp?) WI. It was kinda out there but there were cabins around it. Anyways, me and my friend walked up the road a ways and came across a snowmobile trail or whatever. So we started walkin' down it. I think we must've walked a 1/2 mile or so when we came to a small clearing where the trail branched off. And as we started walking down one of the trails my friend says "Stop! What the hell is that?" I turn to look where he's pointing and a chill went up my spine cuz it looked like there was a body (human) hangin from a tree about 40 yards out. So we hightailed it the heck out of there. and on the way out we heard what must've been a bear also. So...we came back about 5 minutes later armed to the teeth with a daisy airgun, handgun, and red ryder lever action bb gun (i gave the bb gun to my friend). and we crept back up to the clearing and looked real hard at the "body". of course upon further inspection we realized it was just a short spruce tree and a snowmobile sign. how we percieved that as a body i don't know but boy it felt good to know that it wasn't.

not weird but pretty creepy..
Old 07-19-2005, 08:27 PM

live2hunt we have all had a moment like that
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM

Some years ago, I was hunting out from Columbus, Montana. It was getting late in the evening and I was sittingwith my back to a tree,on a hill overlooking a small creek. Suddenly, I heard a noise that sounded like a herd of wild elephants coming down behind me. I thought I was about to be trampled by a huge buck. I turned around slowly and suddenly a flock of wild turkeys came beside me. I could have reached out with my rifle and hit on on the head, they were that close. They marched down the hill to the edge of the creek and then circled back up the hill to a tree about 50 yards away from where I was sitting where they roosted for the night.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

I absolutely LOVE these kinds of stories. Some have made me really think, some have made me look over my shoulder just sitting here in this computer chair and some have made me laugh my ass off in the span of about 15 minutes. Mine's nothing special, but might as well throw it in the mix for the fun of it.Just a few years ago during second shotgun season in Illinois, it was right at that point of dusk where you tell yourself "Well, better get outta this dang tree." Now my stand location this evening wasin the woods bordering a huge field. There were, on different parts of this field's edge, three other hunting buddies of mine. As I was just about to exit my stand, I heard from the woods about 80 yards or so to my left an absolute blood-curdling scream and swift, loud movement crashing through the brush.The screamwas certainly not human-sounding at all, but certainly not something I'd ever heard before in my entire life anywhere, even on television. You couldn't see anything 50 yards out or more in the darkness of the woods. Needless to say I sat right back down and placed a death grip on my 20 gauge. I immediately got on the radio and inquired to the guys if they'd heard it and what the hell it was. They'd all heard it, but nobody had any idea at all of what it was. We all agreed to meet in the middle of the field and leave the timber together so we did just that approximately 5 minutes later. To this day, I like to think it was some kind of bird or something, but I have no solid idea of what it really was. Makes me just a bit uneasy when I am leaving the woods in bow season with only a mini-maglight to guide me.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

A while back when I was hunting Maine with some close friends, I stayed in the woods all day while three of my buddies went back for lunch. In those day we had no radios or cell phones.

About 2 in the afternoon, thru the thick cedar swamp and I want to emphasize T H I C K....I see motion, andsee only the blaze orange hunting hats of my 3 buddies as they walked off in a different direction. I couldn't help but smile, because they were all 3 different heights....One was about 5'2", the next was about 5'10" and the last was 7'1"...As I watch my 3 amigos.... small - medium - large disappear into the swamp, a beautiful buck steps out, and walks around where they just went in...He knew they were there but those three had no clue....Unfortunately, I had no time either as the buck was out of sight in a matter of a few seconds....
Old 07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Spike

OK, I've read enough and felt teh need to add my story. I was turkey hunting one afternoon on a fram that a friend of mine owns. I decide to set up on a hill that has typically held birds. Not 10 minutes after I sit down, I hear a 4 wheeleer coming up a nearby path that sits below my position. It is not uncomoone for the neighbors to ride between farms on the trails. However, these riders were more interested in being alone than they were traveling between farms. 60 yards infront of me, the rider and the passanger stop and begin going t it.The kicker is that it was two women (not attractice women either) After a fewminutes, I decide I had betterend it. I did notwantit to get too carried away and get caught. So, I get up and walk out. I can not explain the lookon their face.

Best part of the story is that I stopped by my friends house to share the story with him and when I pull in his driveway, teh two women are there with him.It was all they could do to hide.

Quick Reply: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.