Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 You'll here me and see big buck soon >

You'll here me and see big buck soon

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

You'll here me and see big buck soon

Old 07-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Mik

Default You'll here me and see big buck soon

Hi everyone, I’m new on this forum. I want to let you know that this year I’ll be a hunting guide in Alberta Canada, where many monster whitetail lives. You’ll here from me in December with the monster I’ll get and some of the customers from where I’ll be guiding.

Can’t wait to go there, this year I’ll try hunting for first time elk, mule deer, bear, antelope and a real monster whitetail deer for this year(I’m from East Ontario, which is similar to NY state, pennsylvania)

Mik
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: You'll here me and see big buck soon

ORIGINAL: Mik

Hi everyone, I’m new on this forum. I want to let you know that this year I’ll be a hunting guide in Alberta Canada, where many monster whitetail lives. You’ll here from me in December with the monster I’ll get and some of the customers from where I’ll be guiding.

Can’t wait to go there, this year I’ll try hunting for first time elk, mule deer, bear, antelope and a real monster whitetail deer for this year(I’m from East Ontario, which is similar to NY state, pennsylvania)

Mik
Mik, welcome to the forum.
I am alittle confused at this pointabout you being a guide if you are
going to taking elk, mule deer,bear,antelope and monster whitetail
for the first time. When and where did you guide before?
What is your Canadian Guide Permit #?This is the first things I ask
when I contract with a Guide in the US or Canada.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Mik

Sorry, you’re right it’s a bit confusing for you. Let me explain.

First I’m moving in Alberta in August. I’ll try to hunt an elk and a mule deer. If I still have time I’ll go for a black bear and an antelope) from September until 22nd of October. I’ll have a month and a half of hunting. Last week of October I’m preparing (installation of tripod, tree stand, searching for buck sign in my territory etc.) and in November I’m guiding for an outfitter in Alberta. After my guiding season I’ll have few days to go hunt whitetail deer.

Just for your information the ODDS of killing a Boone and Crocket buck are higher in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba in Canada than anywhere else in North America even if monster are killed every year in USA.The average buck is a lot higher in the Canadian Prairies than where I hunt in Ontario. That is why I’m referring as I’m going to hunt monster bucks.

A guy I know is a professional hunting guide for the last 16 years in Canada. This year, 2005, he and his partner are leaving the guiding business. A friend and I are taking the opening of guiding whitetail deer in Alberta. We work together as a “team” and hired by the outfitter the first guy I told you is leaving.

I started to hunt by my self and my brother followed me when he was 15, at that age it’s legal to hunt with a crossbow in Ontario. I consider myself as a serious hunter with high expectation. When I talked to the guide who is leaving the job, that I was looking for a place to start guiding whitetail, he asked me questions, taught about it and offered me the job.

Here in Canada each province has their own hunting regulations. Yes I’ll have a guide permit; the papers are being check by the Alberta Professional outfitters Society.

I hope I answered all of your questions my friend

Mik
Old 07-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Dominant Buck

No I'm not confused! I have pictures posted on this forum
with the Bear, White Wolf and Moose I have taken in Alberta!
Oh, I forgot to mention the pictures of the Elk and MuleDeer
I killed in Rifle ,Colorado and it is'nt my first time.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Mik

can you add a link so we can check the pics, can't find them

Mik
Old 07-05-2005, 12:49 AM

Hope you're successful.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey. Is this you?

http://www.village.casselman.on.ca/firedept/thanks.htm

Canada is good hunting for sure, but their laws and cost for bringing in firearms are too much for me. Maybe some day things will improve. Hope things work out and look forward to reading some stories.

Just wondering about something. I've noticed that people from countries outside of the U.S. feel the need to interject the phrase "my friend", why is that? Are you taught to do that when speaking english or is it just common in your tounge? If you look at the posts here you will not, I don't believe, ever find it said between english (for lack of a better term) speaking people. We just don't feel the need. Just curious?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Mik

Yes it's me, I tough that web site was out. Our computer class did that four or five years ago for your first web page production.

I think the people use "my friend" simply to be polite with people.

Mik
Old 07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Mik I have to say you look like your in about the 8th grade there BUT heck so what ...GOOD LUCK on your quest ...

Doc