Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE WOODS >

SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE WOODS

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE WOODS

Old 07-03-2005, 06:02 PM

Default RE: SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE WOODS

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

When we were kids in Boy Scouts we used to go down to a place called Fouke, AR. In the early 70's there was supposedly a bigfoot creature called the "Fouke Monster" running around the Sulphur River bottoms there. They even made a movie about it. For a 15 year old kid it was kinda exciting, camping out and looking for it.
When she was takin' our sons to visit their dyin' Granddad, my wife stopped on a bridge and got out. The boys followed and asked why she stopped. She told them this was a famous spot from a movie they'd seen. They asked what movie, she replied this is Boggy Creek. They locked themselves in the station wagon, and hid under the folding rear seat.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not have to for hunting but I do for just summertime and fall enjoyment.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I was a young man, with big buck fever like you. I'd give it a try. I am not a young man like you but am tempted too. Does getting into a stand several hours before legal light count? If so I'm with ya. Did that last year and the lazy slob was already in his bed. First time I have ever heard a deer sniff me. He was that close and the night was very still. Took me a step or 2 to realize what I had just heard. He wandered off after I stoped to look in his direction.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:29 PM

Never done it but it sho nuff sounds fun.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Slamfire

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

When we were kids in Boy Scouts we used to go down to a place called Fouke, AR. In the early 70's there was supposedly a bigfoot creature called the "Fouke Monster" running around the Sulphur River bottoms there. They even made a movie about it. For a 15 year old kid it was kinda exciting, camping out and looking for it.
When she was takin' our sons to visit their dyin' Granddad, my wife stopped on a bridge and got out. The boys followed and asked why she stopped. She told them this was a famous spot from a movie they'd seen. They asked what movie, she replied this is Boggy Creek. They locked themselves in the station wagon, and hid under the folding rear seat.
Yep, that's the place! My dad was a state policeman in Texarkana, just north of Fouke. My parents were divorced so I would go there several times a year. My dad used to get a kick out of growling and roaring when I would go out to feed the dogs in the dark. It was at the time when all of the "attacks" were going on. Scared the $hit out of me. My father could be such an a-hole![:@]
Old 07-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been known to spend a night or two in the deerwoods. Hiking in before dark is easier than hiking in before daylight.

Since I don't like to take too much gear, I make sure the weather is going to cooperate (not get rained on or frozen stiff).

I always kinda feel bad when I'm sleeping out there, because I feel like I've taken hunting to its insane extreme. Also something feels odd about passing on sleeping with a pretty girl the night before in lieu of sleeping under a rock with the .300 mag.It makes me question my own sanity.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM

ok whats the name of the bigfoot movie i need to see it now. lol. i think hes real or theres something like him out there.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

ok whats the name of the bigfoot movie i need to see it now. lol. i think hes real or theres something like him out there.
I think the movie referred to is "The Legend of Boggy Creek".
Classic BigFoot movie.

PKnTX
Old 07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

PKnTX,

You are correct. Don't expect a high quality movie, though, it was pretty amateurish. The guy that made that movie made a moviecalled "The Town that Dreaded Sundown" or something like that. I actually got to see part of that movie being filmed on location outside of Texarkana, AR. After that, got to shoot trap with the govenor's kids that were down there to watch some of the filming. Waxed their a$$es. One of the kids is now a US Senator (Democrat). He was a spoiled punk then, now he is a spoiled punk Senator.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:32 PM
XTP

Also something feels odd about passing on sleeping with a pretty girl the night before in lieu of sleeping under a rock with the .300 mag.It makes me question my own sanity.
.....and I thought I was obsessed with deer huntin' !!!!!LOL