Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dark to Dark Hunting

Old 07-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dark to Dark Hunting

I do it probably a half a dozen times a year. Primarily when the rut is hot and heavy. I've killed the 2 biggest bucks of my life at almost high noon. When most hunters are out of their stands. I often see good deer movement during the mid day, but it can be tough to do sometimes, especially if movement is slow.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone certainly has their won style while hunting but the main things should always be...have fun. As I previously posted, I hunt all day/everyday. That's just my style. I would rather be "in the woods" as much as possible because, to me, my hunting time is valuable and it takes a looooong time coming each year. To each his/her own, just keep it fun for yourself and the rest of the hunting camp....
Old 07-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only during the rut. It's the only time I can force myself to stay up in my treestand all day. Last year, I was fortunate to find a couple spots that got all day action. One day I saw 45 deer! Only one of them was what I wanted and I got busted attempting to get into position on him. Even though I have been doing this the last few years, I still see far more activity during the "normal" times near dark.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I like the morning time better, fromdark to about 2:00pm.I get all the deer
movement from hunters going to camp for lunch and then comming back.
To me this is the best time.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've done it several times, and will likely do it again this year. I have friends who do it for at least 3 or 4 days in a row, but I can only manage 1 or maybe 2 days before I need a break.