HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   diagram of a deer's eye (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/103741-diagram-deers-eye.html)

pdoughertyMU 06-24-2005 12:00 AM

diagram of a deer's eye

does anyone know where i can find a diagram of a deer's eye?

Washington Hunter 06-24-2005 01:18 AM

RE: diagram of a deer's eye

http://www.google.com/

Have fun. ;)

cardeer 06-24-2005 02:13 AM

I have some pickeled eye balls left from last year in the frig

XTP 06-24-2005 04:07 AM

!!!!...........................[:'(][:'(][:'(]

Shootstuff4570 06-24-2005 04:13 PM

i got a quesion for you....why would do you want that!?

longrifle1000 06-24-2005 06:27 PM

It is probably no worse than pickled turkey testicals. My guess is cardeer uses verything possible on the deer.

pdoughertyMU 06-24-2005 06:42 PM

o believe me, i searched on google for an hour and nothing.

i was in this fbla thing at my school and it has local, state, and national competition in areas of business. so i made a business plan. and i'm going to run this one past you quick to see what you think.

well i "invented" this device for hunter safety reasons. its a small transceiver that would fit on yuor belt or wherever you want to put it that sends out a coded frequency to a predetermined yardage ammount, and whenever another hunter wearing this device came within that yardage ammount, a led light would illuminate very brightly so the hunter would know not to shoot. the cool thing is too that the color of the light would be a bright redish almost pinkish color, which the deer would only see as kind of darkness because of the lack of cones and rods in the deers eye. in other words, it wouldnt startle deer, but notify you not to shoot untill someone is out of range. if through research and development the price of the object could go way down, it could be mandated by law just as wearing orange would and it would make billions of dollars. just a thought. ( im going to orlando florida to present it tomarrow hoping for 1st in the nation. This is not a little kiddy school project. this was very well researched and have received letters from scientists explaining the technology and how it can be utilized, have had college small business professors help with marketing and financial consultants help with the financing of it all. it came out to be 30 pages. (thats the limit)) but that is what i wanted the diagram for, to show it in a presentation this weekend.

XTP 06-24-2005 07:04 PM

....hate to tell ya this..but I have several red LED flashing lights thatI can wear into my stand....they cost about 5 bucks at Wal-mart. Press the button to turn them on....press it again to turn it off....pretty simple.If you want something a little more fancy,the VIP light will run you about 50-75.00 dollars I think.(can't remember what I paid for mine...been several years now)

XTP 06-24-2005 07:24 PM

BTW.....a deer's eye doens't lack rods and cones...it would be blind ! Rods are more sensitive to light but do not register color..Cones pick up the color.A deer has many more rods than it does cones.Deer do not see only black and white,but have dichromatic vision,that is they can see yellow and blue,but are red-green colorblind,these appear as shades of grey.Some research also shows they may be able to pick-up some of the UV spectrum.So you would have to make sure your light doesn't emit anything the deer could see.

i shoot stuff 06-24-2005 07:30 PM

isnt that the whole reason of orange? if u dont want to get shot wear orange simple as that problem solved. also good luck tho sounds cool. and if in the future your thing is required u better give me one cause i am broke and dont have the money to buy anything, lol