Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First season of hunting what do I need. Using shot gun

Old 06-25-2005, 07:43 AM

Default RE: First season of hunting what do I need. Using shot gun

You'll need some good luck. Cabella's has it in liquid form. You'll also want time to get used to slug shooting and to scout the area where you're hunting.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Default RE: First season of hunting what do I need. Using shot gun

welll u dont need a scope. every deer iv shot has been runing with open sights. also i dont know what slugs ur planin on using but lightfield slugs are very good. not that many people know of them. they give very good acuracy. i shot about 5 rounds at the range. at 10,15,25andtwo at 50 put them pretty much all through the same hole. there website is www.lightfieldslugs.com. i use the lightfield hybrid exp's. also camo isnt that important especially for the beginer. the only camo iv used is the army camo u can get at a surplus store its very cheap. although its not insulated just dress in layers. but if u want to spend the money they sell m-65 field gun jacket/coats. there insulated plenty of pockets and will keep u warm. go to cabelas click on hunting clothes and click on military surplus. and you will se what im talkin about.also get some good boots. i got some from wal*mart with 25,50,or100 grains of installation. always wear alot of socks to keep your feet warm. get some gloves. and always bring a back up pair for when it gets cold. now for orange. get ur self a orange vest. and just a regular orange hat not a baseball but the ones that are like a sock and u roll up the very end. also get a full face orange hat when it gets really cold. if u have any more questions just post them.