Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My friends Alberta Buck

Old 06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default My friends Alberta Buck

I wanted to share a story with you guys that is reflective of the good things in this sport. As some of you guys know I had a opportunity to Hunt Alberta the 4 th week of November last year and was lucky enough to havest a nice 180 class buck. The outfitter that I used gave me a phone number to a guy in North Carolina named Glen Bauchman and Glen would be hunting in the third week of Novemeber and considered by many as the HOT week of the rut. I called Glen in August to discusss our hunting trip and to swap some tips ... Glen and I became fast friends. We talked a good bit on the phone and over the computer and got in some good ribbing with one another. He was kidding me about having to hunt under a full moon and I kidded him about needing sun tan lotion becasue up till the week he went its was unseasonably warm for Canada. Glens trip started on the Nov 15 and the day he arrived Alberta got a good snow which lifted his sprits and on the second day of his hunt he taged a very nice 10pt that will score in the mid 160s B&C .... WELL needless to say that night I got a phone call from him ... he was REALLY pumped and told me he had took a MONSTER ...with tons of mass ...of course I told him he was full of S**T..so he had Don the outfitter get on the phone to confirm his story ..and boy did he RUB IT IN ... I have to say I was real happy for him BUT to be honest envious to ... he continued to kid me about my hunt that would start on the 21rst and even nick named me :Luna" becasue of the full moon I would have to contend with. I KNEW the preasure was on ... luckly I taged out on the 24th with a 185 class non-typical ...and ofcourse I had to call him that night ....
The pointto this story is that I made a friend with a man I have never met and we will be bonded for life because of this special hunt. I know eveytime he looks at his great deer on the wall he will think of me and when I look at mine I will do the same. Glen and I plan on meeting the end of this month in Greensboro NC for the Buckmasters show .. I truly look forward to meeting my new friend ...MAN I LOVE THIS SPORT!!
*** This is a picture of Glen and his buck***

Doc

Old 06-14-2005, 06:38 PM

Default RE: My friends Alberta Buck

Great story and great buck ! Good luck on your next trip . Ijust made plans for an Elk hunt this Sept . Cant wait !!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:19 PM

special hunt

Old 06-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes SPECIAL!

"If a Moose runs of at the mouth ...does anyone REALLY listen" ?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck
Old 06-14-2005, 10:04 PM

that was a great story and a nice buck!
Old 06-15-2005, 12:20 AM

Great story - great deer.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great Buck
Old 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a great lookin' buck and an excellent story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a buck!!!! Awesome!!!

Quick Reply: My friends Alberta Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.