Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 do you share your game with land owners? >

do you share your game with land owners?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

do you share your game with land owners?

Old 06-14-2005, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default do you share your game with land owners?

Do any of you who hunt private land Thank or reward the land owner. by this I mean Share your game with him? By him a Bottle of his favorite bevarage, gift cert to a restraunt?

I share my game (after processing) with the people who allow me to hunt there land. Generally I take Sausage and jerky to them. The lander owner who's land I take my game from I also buy them a bottle of there fav liquior. (which he in turn shares with me)

So lets see who has happy land owners??
Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: do you share your game with land owners?

Definitely. We give the land owners a gift certificate to a local restaurant and some venison if they want it. Also, we usually bring up a case of beer whenever we stop by. Then every year we give the landowners a couple PBA cards and they are happy.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

We will give them some game if they want and we will buy them a gift cirtificate or gift set of some kind.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:11 AM

I hunt on either my own land or National Forest - so no.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do not give my land host (he leases the land to raise cattle and allows me and his son, who is my niece's husband, to hunt deer on the land) any venison because he doesn't care for it much. He has lost all his teeth and does not have false teeth -- thus making it difficult to chew venison. Last year I gave him a gift certificate to one of his favorite stores. I will probably try to do more gifting in the future. For some dumb reason in the past I felt beholden to my niece's husband and gave him gifts, but really it is the husband's father who is the numero-uno in this arrangement. Not to say I'm not happy to try to do good things and appreciative things for my niece's husband for getting me connected to his hunting ground, but it was a little blind not to include the his father -- who actually leases the land -- in my gifting.

Definitely, show appreciation to the land owner. If there is a way to provide substantive help -- mending fences, improving a dirt road, whatever -- this is a good idea too. If you have to lease hunting ground it is mighty expensive. Also, be on your very best behavior, also, on the hunting ground.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always give the venison to the landowner's that want it.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try, but they usually don't want any. Instead we help out with things around the house/farm like maintaining their generator for when the power goes out, trimming the brush/grass along the driveway, picking up garbage in the fields when people dump it, post no trespassing signs, etc.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:52 AM

I usually give them what ever meat they want as well as help maintain the property and fences.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, and also "Hunter's for the Hungry" programs and the single struggling Mom who is nearby. I get the best feeling giving her meat cause I can actually see who gets it, how much she needs it and how thankful she is.

I pray before each day afield, while afield and after a successful harvest. I think the Lord makes sure things go right.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I will drop off some jerky, sticks and bologna to the land owner. Many don't care for venison burger, but few will turn down the spicy, custom stuff. They can't wait to see me next year and needless to say, I have no problems getting their permission each year.

Quick Reply: do you share your game with land owners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.