Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need help with deer blinds

Old 06-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Spike

Default Need help with deer blinds

I have to move two tower style blinds on my lease and wanted to know if anyone had any tricks or secrets to get these thinds down. They are both 4x6 wood blinds set up on 10ft. metal frames, very very heavy. So if you guys have any suggestions other than shear man power I would appreciate the knowledge and help. Also I should have a total of four people with me.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need help with deer blinds

How are they assembled?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Spike

4 metal legs that slide into the metal base at the corners, each corner has a bolt that screws into and against the legs. The blind is bolted to the metal base. Two 1 1/2 in conduit cross bars on three sides and a metal ladder that screws in on one side. Again the base is ten feet off the ground and this thing is heavy! Any help would be great.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

We use a rollback to move ours....Just back up to them....hook up the winch...and pull them over....Once they get over center...we walk them down to the bed...If you can back up to them thats the way to go...We don't move them that much, but as we rotate crops, we will move a few to the fields that will be corn, beans and peanuts....As you can tell...these are the ones we position around the fields....If they are in the woods...I'd try to get a good trailer backed up to them (possible behind a 4-wheeler)...and unhook the trailer and use the 4-wheeler to pull them over center...and walk them down....We also run a rope on the backside and have someone help walk down...
Old 06-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Spike

Thanks NC. That is what I was thinking, I just didn't want them to come barreling down on us. Question how heavy are your blinds and how many people do you use to get them down.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

If you have a double block and tackle system, that should make the lifting or lowering part easier. Just be sure it has a long rope on it.