Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Article about showing deer kill shots on TV >

Article about showing deer kill shots on TV

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Article about showing deer kill shots on TV

Old 06-07-2005, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Article about showing deer kill shots on TV

I only have the otdoor channel on my cable net work. I love almost all of the shows and as the article stated it is my default channel. It drives my wife insane to see me watching it when ever possible. But I do wish they would show more of the impact shot, especialy with a bow kill. You can learn plenty by seeing an arrow penetrate at a certain point by seeing the animals reaction, how far they ran and how much time for the animal to die. Nothing can replace true life experiences but seeing it on a video can help. Also i hate when they show these hunters doing a soo called track of the animal and give the old oh there he is (acting surprised like they just found the animal) and the camera man is allready there with the animal. But over all I do enjoy watching these shows.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:17 AM

They must have those new TV's without an "off" switch.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:24 AM

LOL rick_reno. Dont like it Dont watch it!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting. Isn't it funny how they are trying to make absolutely everything politically correct these days. I wonder if we would even be where we are at as a species if we followed all the rules and guidelines that some of these folks come up with.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:25 AM

My friends ex gf was a complete libby. She was all for abortion even late term, yet hunting was wrong to her. Needless to say we didn't get along[:'(]. Yet she ate meat so she is in essence killing the cow but she said that it was "different"[:@]. Sorry just had to rant...
Old 06-14-2005, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

dont like it
DONT WATCH IT!!!

EDITED hunts make me feel cheated. you see the game you see the hunter aim then poof games on the ground.

I think showing the "impact shot" does 2 things
Makes the video/producer more accountable for a more humane kill
gives young hunters and new hunters a lesson on were a properly placed projectile should be placed in real time hunting and what it does to the game when hit

my 2 cents

AL
Old 06-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think showing the kill shot is vitally important, after all, it is the reason folks are hunting. It is the culmination of the hunt. A clean, kill shot should not offend anyone (adults) but showing suffering animals should avoided (of course) at all costs. As well as showing too much blood after the kill....

Common sense certainly applies here.To show, in detail, what a hunter has done to put him/her self in the position to make the shot, should not be edited when the time of truth arrives. Clean, humane kills are what we strive for and allowing other to see that should be a big part of the hunt.