Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What I absolutely HATE!!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 PM

Default RE: What I absolutely HATE!!!!

ORIGINAL: fillae

I worked at a hardware store when I was in college. People would get upset when you don't know the exact answer to a plumbing or electrical question. It's not like ACE could afford to pay a plumber $20/hour to work in their plubming department. It's been my personal experience that store salespeople can help you find something, but you need to know what you're looking for.
Agreed...
Old 06-07-2005, 07:26 PM

not everyone that works their is completly stupid one of my brothers friends and a friend of mine works at a do it all sports place and i would trust him for knowledge on any item or if he didnt know he wouldnt act like he does he would find someone that does know and ask them
Old 06-11-2005, 06:45 AM

My personal best was when I asked a person about a fishing license. The person said that you had to have a liscense to fish on the shore( which is untrue) I almost laughed in there face
Old 06-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

no comment ,some of the peoplke at bass pro dont know anything
ii wouldnt trust them working on my bow
Old 06-11-2005, 08:27 AM

I believe that these stores can afford to pay enough money to get knowledgable people to fill the positions, but it is all about the bottom line.

We had a Gander Mountain open up close to my house and a friend and I went there towards the end of Goose season last year looking for some steel shot and they had sold out. But across the aisle was stacks of Pheasant shot, I looked at him and said yea we have alot of pheasants in Va.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:51 AM

Look at it as on the job training.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

what did you expect, Myles Keller to be working at dicks?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:42 PM

glew22, where are you from?
Old 06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

Any time I go into a store like that, I go in there with the mind set that i know what I'm looking for and I've already done the research on the product, etc. Like some of the other posts said, the chain stores are just looking for bodies to fill in positions and most of them don't know much about sporting goods.

Example (maybe some of you have encountered this or it is an actual law but I had never had this happen before). I was 19 at the time, went into wal-mart to buy some cheap .22 long rifle shells. Now, you have to be 18yrs to buy rifle ammo and 21 to buy pistol ammo. The jerk working in the sporting goods would NOT sell me .22LR ammo because he said that it can be used in a .22 pistol, thus (to him) designating it as a pistol cartridge! I gave him a really funny looked and had a few words with him, then just left, feeling that it would be better if I chalked it up has him being on a power trip and not getting in a fight. Just went to a real sporting goods and bought the ammo (like I should have done in the first place!).
Old 06-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

PA

Quick Reply: What I absolutely HATE!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.