Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

12 Ga. Close in killing

Old 06-06-2005, 01:21 AM

Default RE: 12 Ga. Close in killing

Howdy, the first thing that I wouuld do would be to find out what legal ramification I have in the event of another attack. That means talking to local Law Enforcement Officers. I dont know what kind of area you live in ie how close is your neighbors how crowded your streets are what kind of back stop you may have for those wild flying buckshot pellets. Keep in mind once you pull the trigger you and you alone are held completely responsible for where those pellets go and what they may hit. You might be better off using a simple .22 rim fire and a very well placed shot. Just as effective. I personally would opt for a .45 acp unless i knew I could shoot my 12ga completely safe and no one could get hurt from it. BUT LIKE I SAID EARLIER CONSULT LOCAL LAWENFORCEMENT ATHORITIES PRIOIR TO TAKING THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just saw on Good Morning America where a family's two pet pitt bulls killed their 8 year old son.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

I personally would load buck, slug, buck ,slug...........hit them with old double O and then slug the SOB that should be sufficient. If it lives after that I would take my chances with the 22/250 : )
Old 06-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would hope that the owners are going to be held responsible for your medical bills and a good chunk of cash on top of that for pain and suffering, after the ordeal you went thru.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:29 PM

Ok. I'm not nor did I ever condemn the Rotweiller breed..EVER. The sad part is I have never ever met a dog that didnt take to me instantly. My family bred goldens when I was young and I currently own a beautiful 4 yr old German Short Hair. MY dog knows where the property lines are and always respects my voice, whistle and arm commands of sit, stay come and whoa. She did get out once while we were at work at snoozed patiently on the front stoop for 6 hours till we came home. What these 2 Dogs did was cruise the neighborhood inflicting their "bad A$$" attitudes all over it. They were both over 120 lbs and came at me with a vengance and a sense of evil I have never experienced. I fully believe that it is a reflection of the owners...period. They had studded leather "tough guy" collars on, need I say more?? When I was in college our neighbor bred Rotties. I played with them every day, they were affectionate and wonderful dogs. The beasts that came after me were something entirely different. I must say this is day 2 after the attack and I am so damn sore its rediculous. Bruised and busted up, limping.....I'm a real mess...but alive
Old 06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope your injuries heel and the owners of the animals are held accountable... And hopefully some one with a family will think twice before owning a dog as aggressive and dangerous as a rott or pit bull..
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Why not shoot them through the shoulders with a slug, or git them in the head with a 22.

Or you could feed them dry rice. They'll eat till they're full and when it mixes with their stomach juices, it will expand, and the dog will die.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your incident. I wish you a complete recovery and just compensation. Regarding the dogs and breeds. It all stems from the owner and the breeder. Siberian Huskies are always on the list of problem dogs known for visciousness with insurance companies. As are Rotti's, Dobermans, Shepards and Saint Bernards etc.. I have an 8yo Siberian who is one of the most gentle dogs that ever walked the face of the earth. I have pictures of 1 yo kids napping on the dog. All that dog cares about is mealtime, having his stomach scratched and eating his ice cream. I also breed golden retrievers. It is all about the genetic background of the dog and how it is trained and raised. The problem with any breed that becomes popular is folks just go and breed them because they are AKC registered but purchased at a pet store etc.. and are looking to make money. Most times when breeds become popular most folks except reputable breeders never have worked or shown the dogs or couldn't tell you the first thing about the breeds history let alone the lineage of the dog. I'd shoot the owners first then worry about the dogs! Just kidding. Hope you recover soon.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: XTP

Rottweilers are not "fighting dogs" despite what your local paper might put in the headlines !!!!! They were bred as working dogs on farms.Their attributes are their strength,stamina and they are very devoted and protective animals.I trust my dog around MY kids in MY yard.I also keep the yard locked so he can't run loose...this is where the owner is responsible.
my apologies, I thought for sure Rotts were in the same category as pitbulls.

and I know bad owners make bad dogs but you have to keep in mind an animal is an animal, you dont know what it's thinking. You keep your dogs around "YOUR kids and YOUR yard" because...? because you are not stupid and you know that if they start running around, they're bound to find someone they dont take to their liking.
Some breeds are more agressive than some, like rotts, and many others.

anyways, I may have a conflict of interest since I allways hated rotts with a passion
Old 06-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Poison them... Nobody will know the difference!

Quick Reply: 12 Ga. Close in killing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.