Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guided hunts

Old 06-02-2005, 08:08 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Guided hunts

I have done guided hunts in Newfoundland and around Canada. You get tired of the same old deer hunting all the time. When you kill you don't get the same feeling you would if you did by yourself, there's no question about that. There is a bad feeling about it. But its still fun. Its still hunting. You have alot of memories and see things you don't see everyday. And most importantly your not scared to go out and live life. I know I would never go it alone in Newfoundland. Its not always only about the kill, its about seeing and meeting.

Some people like to leave there little county or state and go out and see different things, catch different varieties of fish. Some people don't feel comfortable doing different things or seeing different terrain. Not sure why, maybe its a money issue. Thats understandable. Maybe they are scared to be out of thier element. For me, I am going to Colorado for a semi guided hunt next year for the reason to see what I am up against out there. Get contacts, and info on doing my own drop hunt in the future. There's nothing wrong with either way.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:11 PM

RE: Guided hunts (in reply to moosehornhunter)

I have done guided hunts in Newfoundland and around Canada. You get tired of the same old deer hunting all the time. When you kill you don't get the same feeling you would if you did by yourself, there's no question about that. There is a bad feeling about it
EXACTLY MY POINT
Old 06-02-2005, 08:24 PM
bigcountry

I would love to have a place to hunt on my own up there. But I ain't moving to newfoundland. So I take the next best thing.

You think thats bad. I went on this mako shark fishing trip, that my company gave me, thinking they were being nice. And all the guys on the boat were bragging about how big thier fish was. I said, "guys we didn't catch them, the captain did with his boat, his rigs, and we just reeled them in." I took the trip for what its worth. Good boos, good food, and seen a mako. And it was fun and got some primo meat out of it. But that doens't make me a mako fisherman. Just a tourist that was able to fight a mako.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:29 PM

THANK YOU BIG......EXACTLY MY POINT AGAIN!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:57 PM

longrifle what do you mean by little green button? never heard that saying before.

Right above the u in your name, their is a green button. If I click on that button, it blocks your messages from me. And ignore button if you will.

long...since you asked.....i would suggest reading up all the literature you can find about the target species. talk to people to find out what to look for. call the state wildlife agency and have them point you in the right direction. then show up, thats 90% of it. if you get one, just think of the thrill...if you don't, take the knowledge that you gained and try again next year. when success finaly knocks...the victory will be sweet. just showing up with a fistfull of bills and a gun....well, is PATHETIC....do it the hard way....the right way....the way of a hunter. Feel what it is like to be the predator....not some shleprock with some extra dough and some extra space on his wall to fill.
Well, I am sorry to say that I can't take large hunting trips every single year. Not yet that is. At this time in my life I simply cannot afford to do such a thing. I do however take several trips every year down to southern Illinois. I hunt public ground on my own. That trip is more to get away for a while. My business keeps me hoppin'.

Do I think some hunts are unethical? Yes I do. But I also think some are ethical. It is really in the eye of the beholder. I think high fence operations are unethical. I am sure their are people who would dissagree. If their were not any, these places wouldn't exist. Just my thoughts on the subject. Good luck in your endeavors.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Moose, its a good thing that not all hunters read whats here on the huntingnet! If they did, all the guides of this world, especially the ones in Maine, would start suffering the worst economic depression since 1929!
In a few short days, you have convinced most of us to reconcider saving up for years to spend on an out of state guided hunt!
You are such a bitter person, you should really seek professional help! Or at the very least, seek gainful employment in another line of work!
With your attitude, you cannot possibly be a GOOD GUIDE! What happened? Did your last client's check bounce? Or did he stiff you on the tip? If so, look in the mirror! They might have detected your assine attitude!
If you don't decide to get out of guiding, give us the name of your outfit! None of us would want to save for ten, twenty years or more, and go a couple of thousand miles to waste the hunt of a lifetime, to be shafted by a weasel like you!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 AM

In a few short days, you have convinced most of us to reconcider saving up for years to spend on an out of state guided hunt!
GOOD!!!

If you don't decide to get out of guiding, give us the name of your outfit! None of us would want to save for ten, twenty years or more, and go a couple of thousand miles to waste the hunt of a lifetime, to be shafted by a weasel like you!

Jag.....Lets say for instance I guided you for moose. You show up Sunday at noon. Your greeted at the door and helped in with all your gear. As you enter, you are overtaken by the smell of a nice hot meal. After you get settled, you sit down and stuff your face, and I sit down and go over the plan with you. After lunch, you take a nap. When you get up, dinner is on the table. You eat, hang out, and get a good nights sleep.
I wake you at 4am. You are fed a huge breakfast and off you go so we can be in place by first light in a spot where I know there is a hot cow and a whole mess of bulls with her. 5 minutes after legal shooting light, you spot movement. It's a cow. You hear a funny sound in the woods, one that you are not familiar with. I tell you to sit tight....there is a bull with her. A moment later, you see a paddle....and then another. Then you are overtaken with excitement as a giant 55" bull steps into a clearing. You pull up and shoot. The beast is 40 yards away and doesn't take a step. It's 6 am opening morning and your "hunt" is over. I gut the moose as you take pictures, and then I load it in the truck with a winch. We drive to the tagging station to get the legal stuff out of the way and then we go and drop the beast off to get butchered. We are back at camp by 9am. The rest of the week you stuff your face and sleep and fish because I lend you a canoe. Saturday morning I load up your moose all neatly packaged and away you go......My question Jag....Is how did you "get the shaft". Does it really matter if I respect you as a man? Or would you say that I did my job? Did you get what you paid for? Anyone?
Old 06-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am SURE Jag would LOVE to see you running around being his "BOY" for a week...it would almost be worth the fee just watching you having to BE THE BOY .... as for the hunt if it was a 300 yard shot down hill over a pond and the moose is a B&C I would say he got a HELL of a lot for his money ! On the other hand if he sets in that 11 hrs a day ...for 5 days and sees nothing then who's falut is that ...I suppose the "Sports" ?? This is getting as funny to read as the comics ....
Old 06-03-2005, 06:17 AM

You just can't stay away can ya Doc/Guideme. Ya just can't do it. Stalkers have a hard time controling themselves as well. As do rapists, pedofiles, and others with "self control" issues. Stick to your word Doc. Your the one who suggested it in the first place. Shouldn't you be staring at your deer or something.......
Old 06-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeh Moose you just got me hooked "BOY" ...I just love the thought of you running around in your little guide outfit ...carring my bags ...setting the table ...fixing the food ...picking up after me ... laughing at all my dumb jokes ...carring me out to my stand ...having to listen to my whinning casue I aint seen nothing ...then when I do you have to clean my moose while I watch ...then watch you have to carry my moose out ...yehhhhhhhh ...im sure you make a great "BOY" ...

DD

Quick Reply: Guided hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.