Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guided hunts

Old 06-02-2005, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Guided hunts

Butch....you missed one type of hunt, and ironicaly, its the one that 99% of the Sports seek out and pay for. It's just like your #3 example just minus the fences. That's why it is so PATHETIC
Old 06-02-2005, 07:09 PM

moosehornhunter- You are a very a very angry little man. I suggest you deal with your issues soon. As far as I am concerned, you are getting closer to the little green button.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:25 PM

long.....I get the feling that you employ guides and find it difficult to take a look at what you do. Listen to the little voice, not the sheep.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

moosehornhunter- You are a very a very angry little man. I suggest you deal with your issues soon. As far as I am concerned, you are getting closer to the little green button.
that's how it's seeming.

i may not have ever gone one a guided hunt or gotten anything bigger than a ky deer but i don't see the prob in hiring a guide to help for an area or animal that you aren't an "expert" on. i would prefer a drop camp, i don't see what's so wrong with it. i would never go on a game farm(#3) personally i don't like that, but if you're going some where 3000+ miles away what else are you supposed to do. most employers aren't that reasonable about missing 4 weeks straight. so therefore you don't have the luxury of going out and scouting. and i definately don't have the money and i'm sure others don't either. but hey. every person is entitled to their own opinions about things and others opinions.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:50 PM

just goes to show why there are so many guides....look at all the die hard Sports!!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:51 PM

wow an other argument[>:]
Moosehorn it seems like you are unable to drop it you have caused this argument and then you say to DD "you can't drop it"[:-]
Old 06-02-2005, 07:51 PM

long.....I get the feling that you employ guides and find it difficult to take a look at what you do. Listen to the little voice, not the sheep.
I have gone on 1 guided hunt. And I was very dissapointed with it. I will stick to hunting my property on my own. But, that being said, I went on a hog hunt 1000 miles from my home. I have never hunted them before. I had never seen one in the wild either. How do you reckon I do that on my own? I needed the guide to know the game animal, and the land. I knew nothing about either one of those. I can't just drive their several times in a year to take the time to learn. I do not have to time or the extra money to do so. Same could be said about most animals that can be hunted in far away places.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:52 PM

longrifle what do you mean by little green button? never heard that saying before.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:55 PM

Wes...I started this isuue in the first place...why should i drop it? i just think it's comical how all the wannabe's think.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:02 PM

long...since you asked.....i would suggest reading up all the literature you can find about the target species. talk to people to find out what to look for. call the state wildlife agency and have them point you in the right direction. then show up, thats 90% of it. if you get one, just think of the thrill...if you don't, take the knowledge that you gained and try again next year. when success finaly knocks...the victory will be sweet. just showing up with a fistfull of bills and a gun....well, is PATHETIC....do it the hard way....the right way....the way of a hunter. Feel what it is like to be the predator....not some shleprock with some extra dough and some extra space on his wall to fill.

Quick Reply: Guided hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.