Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are guided hunts ethical?

Old 06-01-2005, 06:24 AM

Default RE: Are guided hunts ethical?

What's the honorary "State bird"? Aw come on....this is getting boring....you don't know anything CUZ YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO MAINE!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:57 AM

For a man your age DD/Guideme or whatever other screen name you are gonna use next, I would think that you would have learned how easy it is to get caught in a lie. Now that you are exposed, your credability is shot!!!! Was it worth it?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:58 AM

Anyone else other than Dr. Dual personality have any opinions on the thread topic they would like to share?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

MooseHornHunter..
You crrossed the line..
What is different from what you do compaired to anybody elses employment..
I am one of the lucky ones ..One that is lives in a province that provides
quality hunting..
I am lucky for the quality upbringing and the hardworking ethics my parents brought in me to find a career and take it seriouslly..
I am lucky that I live in a province that has a high employment rate..
I am lucky that if for some reason I can no longer fulfill my job in Construction as a Trades Tech I have an opportunity in Accounting or Engineering..
I do the best job I can and go that extra mile to do the things I to do keep my cliental and create more..And do it right..
I worked in Residential Construction both in B.C. and Japan, and was good at both the building and PR relations . I was offered a job in the Commercial ..
Nothing pisses me off more than fixing other peoplemistakes..
Trades People that are more than qualified to do the job right but don't just to the min code requirements (or not even that)and take the money and run..
Leaving Homeowner with a potential hosehold disaster..
There is a code of ethics in every job there is..
Weather you are a Guide Accountant Cop Docter Lawyer Trades Person etc..Wheather it is an oath (that one is legal bound to ) or just instilled it is something everbody in the world expects and demands to be followed through with..
One day you may need someone qualified to handle something your not capable of doing weather it be lack of time or just plain inexperince..
I can only hope that so called qualified (skilled) person you hire puts the effort in for you that you expect in return..
Maybe it will change your ideals..
Old 06-01-2005, 07:22 AM

Jeff.....I am afraid that you have not understood what i am saying. I totaly agree with everything you say. I too, am just like you. Along with guiding, i am also a tradesman. I take both my jobs very seriously, and I am very fortunate to be succesfull in what I do. As a guide however, it is not my job to like who I am guiding. I get paid to put people on game, do the work, and make sure that they get out of the week in one piece. I get paid to give a Sport what they want. And I do....time and time again, without fail. You see, i just can't stand the Sports....I love the job. And everyone I guide goes home thinking that they have made a friend in me.....that's their error in judgement, not mine.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:35 AM

Jeff....to further elaborate on my point I will give an example. If I hire you to build a deck for me, does that make me a carpenter? How about if I bang in the last nail; am I a carpenter now? No I am not. If someone says to me"beautiful deck", should I take the credit for it or should i give it to you since you did the work? Or is it fair for me to tell everyone that I did it , just because I banged in the last nail and paid you? I think that YOU should get ALL the credit. The same goes with a Guide and a Sport. A Guide is a hunter, a Sport is not a hunter. A Sport is a Sport. For this example, the Sport is the homeowner and the Guide is the carpenter. I hope this clears up my point that I am trying to make.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

Shonuf.....all you have to do is ask. I have alot of respect for a man that is willing to ask questions, and would help you the best I can, free of charge.
DD....now why would I go and do that? I'm not stupid. I don't have to like you, I just have to make you THINK i like you, and get you what your after so you can feel good about yourself. I make my living off slobs that don't want to do the work themselves, and enjoy taking credit for others knowledge and work. And if you have ever gone on a paid hunt in Maine, there is a good chance I may have already guided you, and if not me, a buddy of mine. You can call me what you like. I just keep plugging along, taking people like you's money and I will never stop. You see, my game room is spread out all over the world. And folks like you pay to be me, even if only for a week or ten days.....I always get the last laugh. And the joke is on you

Old 06-01-2005, 07:58 AM

lol Bear
Old 06-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

RE: Are guided hunts ethical? (in reply to moosehornhunter)

Jeff....to further elaborate on my point I will give an example. If I hire you to build a deck for me, does that make me a carpenter? How about if I bang in the last nail; am I a carpenter now? No I am not. If someone says to me"beautiful deck", should I take the credit for it or should i give it to you since you did the work? Or is it fair for me to tell everyone that I did it , just because I banged in the last nail and paid you?
Well you can lead a Moose to the water but you just can't make him drink! This guy is the "Jerry Springer" of the hunting world ... Moose you should take this show on the road Hoss cause I bet you would make more money with it then you do as a half A$$ guide. You know they say a picture is worth a 1000 words and at this point all you are is MOUTH ... as for what you told Jeff about the carpenter analogie thats plum stupid ... The carpenter does ALL the work ... when you take a guy to the stand do you make the shot for him ...or shoot the arrow .... I mean the hunter has to have SOME skills to make it a success ... or better yet do you give a 100% guarantee with your hunts if your such a GREAT guide.... if so post your business on this site and I bet you can get a LOT of business with a 100% money back guarantee ...BUT I bet thats not the case because there is an eliment of skill and luck involved just like any other hunt.

Doc
Old 06-01-2005, 08:26 AM

Well Dr Dummy the answer to your question is yes and no. The only hunt I guarantee is the moose hunt because thats the only one I can control 99.9% completely. With the bear and deer, i am not right with the sports babysitting them and therefore have no control if they can't even sit still, and believe me.....most can't.

Quick Reply: Are guided hunts ethical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.